Growtek watering system

I will try to make this simple. I use a 27 gallon tote as a reservoir

Inside the res I have a pump like this

And an air pump with air stone like for aquariums
For this room I have 1/2" irrigation tubing coming off the pump which sits at in the bottom of the res. The tubing goes to a 3/4" pvc header I made which has a tee and a valve then a barbed pvc fitting out of the valve and a irrigation tubing going down to the halos which water the plant

The pump is controlled by a digital timer I got from harbor freight for cheap.

I set the timer for whatever amount of time it takes to water til I get the runoff I desire. The first fill is the hardest as I mixed 25 gallons of nutes. After that I just mix 5 gallons at a time to keep the res almost full. I check the ph and adjust every evening and this works awsome for me. I did have to adjust the valves for each drop to get proper flow to each plant. I set the timer for 1 min each day and left town foe 6 days and had 6 beautiful plants when I came home. Iā€™m setting up my 4x8 now for auto feed but Iā€™m going to try these small halos in associate said these work well but the 1/4" drop to each plant off the header has to be the same length so if you go this latter route after you get your header in place and have your plant placement worked out run your longest run first then all the other lines have to be this long. Hope this helps. My cost for the current setup was 6 halos 12 bucks each about 50 bucks in pvc and fittings and a few bucks for the tubing 10 bucks for timer 20 for pump and 10 for aerator. So maybe $180.00 us

3 Likes

I forgot about the drain pan I made which collects all the water and drains into a little giant condensate pump which pumps all the runoff either down the drain or into a bucket in summer I take the runoff and pump through a Weezer hose in my garden. Before this I vacuumed up all the runoff.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the explanation. Nice looking setup!

@Hellraiser posted a pretty nice wave maker that magnets to the buckets @pr has one also can let u know how it works.

2 Likes

Weezer hose :laughing: :rofl: :joy:
Water hose was intended

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out what a Weezer hose was thanks for letting me know before I spent too much time on Google turns out thereā€™s a band called Weezer. I didnā€™t know.

2 Likes

The second one he told me about, works great. Can post a pic this pm if needed.

2 Likes

I think I saw them at ozzfest a lot of years ago. I saw lots of groupie fun bags but thankfully I didnā€™t see any Weezer hoses.

Iā€™ll just add a +1 for Autopots. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope that air stone isnā€™t in the reservoir.

Oh and a black plastic wave maker is better than the white one on amazon, canā€™t remember the brand but one of our regulars bought a couple and tested them

1 Like