GrowMore Nutes w/Bryan

1 Like

Finished collecting pollen from my pineapple chunk/Wild Thai cross. I have another male flowering in the boys room, blueberry auto/Wild Thai cross. It should be ready to give pollen in another week or two.

4 Likes

I used the new plates on top of the green saucers. Watered 3 plants in coco to runoff. Ph was 5.3, 5.5, 5.8, ppm around 1300 on each. When saucers are full, I used a small electric hand pump to empty them

2 Likes

4 Likes

@bryan how are you liking the grow more nutes as far as your RDWC goes?

1 Like

Well I’m liking being able to afford to change the res without taking out a loan, lol. I add epsom salt, my water is full of calcium. The ph does drop and it gets a capful ph up usually every 2 days, keeping ppm around 1000. The first dose using 30-10-10 kinda od’d on N. The clones in it have been slowed compared to my first coco plants I have. But the 0-50-30 is blooming well, so overall it’s just a learning curve, I think. I like the control overall I get from them

2 Likes

Just dropped a net down onto top of my 3 X 3-1/2 ft area. Sitting now at 8 weeks old with 3 weeks since light flip.

And a bud pic of my strain we made, Blueberry Thai I never had such straight pistils, mostly twisted ones

5 Likes

Looking good bro. Welcome to the city of tops!

1 Like

Put my qb light on the new net, starting at 90%, 3 feet above canopy. Two 288 v2 boards Plan is to slowly lower light and see how much light I can use without burning them

2 Likes

Changed out rdwc res after screwing up. I had mc clones but were different ages. I lightened up nutes when adding new plants, this led to the one big plant going belly up. So I pulled her and added 2 more mc clones in same age range into netpots. Now rdwc with 6 cloned gals with one teeny bud on top.

1 Like

. Last pic is my plant that valiantly threw herself off the cliff to save her sisters

3 Likes

@dbrn32 wanted to take time to tell ya thanks again. Now I have no more excuses. Never would have made them without your help. I am really excited. Are you familiar with atreum lights co.

2 Likes

. Accidentally cloned a couple male blueberry Thai.

4 Likes

No problem! I’m happy to help with the projects. Im familiar with them, very similar packages to hlg.

I have one I sourced from each manufacturer. Both are well made. The atreum Heatsink seems better quality and their cost don’t compare.

2 Likes

Keep us posted, everyone likes saving a little cash.

Awhile back I grew a strain mix of Wild Thai cross with pineapple chunk. I ended up with seeds. I planted 1 seed and it came up male. I harvested it’s pollen. I put the pollen onto a single bud of two different plants. Gorilla glue 4, and a strain I made of blueberry and wild Thai. Both buds are showing seeds now. I’ve ended up with 3 different pollens; wild Thai, pineapple Thai, blueberry Thai.

4 Likes

What is your process for pollen collection?

I have a bag of a bunch of Alien Fruitcake pollen in my freezer right now.

1 Like

I took plant and held it sideways over flat surface and tapped it. This was initially unproductive, so I pinched off entire flower head in container to air dry. It ends a dry flower/pollen mix that dusted on easily. I crossed pineapple chunk and wild Thai, then used it’s pollen to a gg4 and another private strain I have Blueberry Thai. I only germinated one bud on each plant. Both buds are full of seed.

2 Likes

Very cool. I just had the one male in its own tent with two females… at the end of the grow I just used a small paint brush to sweep all the pollen that fell onto the floor of the tent and the tote that the plants were growing in into a pile, then onto a piece of parchment paper and into a bag and into the freezer. I ended up with A LOT of it. I sifted it to remove the little male flower thingies.

1 Like