GrowMore Nutes w/Bryan

Trying out new, inexpensive nutes. Reset my RDWC with a new configuration. I have the water pump hose running from filler bucket to the far end of the reservoir. Just closer by a few inches are where the 4 air tubing enter the top; 2 on each side. There are 2 plants centered in 27 gallon reservoir. The water creates a nice flow all the way back to 1 1/2 inch return fitting thru the bubbles. Am starting with 30-10-10. I have a bunch of oddball grow techniques to try out using rockwool, coco, soil, soil/coco mix, and the 2 clones in rdwc are soil surrounded by perlite to hold in place in netpot. Also lined the inside of the netpot with that rubber sheet with holes to keep soil and perlite from leaking from it. Using GrowMore nutes to start 30-10-10 & Calmag. I water the soil clones first, then drop the ph into hydro range and finish watering.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Lookin good… but you should run your air stones down the center of the tote… I’ll get you some pics if I’m not making sense… you want everything evenly placed… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Are you doing any hydro?
Dilly Dilly

Set to watching.

I’ve changed up a lil… now I’m running 6 air stones in each tote on a 1175 gph air pump with crazy results… I used to only run 3 air stones in each tote so that I could use 1 pump to run 2 totes… but after a couple of runs with one pump per tote… I think that’s the way to go until the summer comes… right now my water temps are way to cold… been experimenting with running my water pump longer to keep the water warmer and I just turned my heater on to keep room temps more in check while lights are out… :wink:
Also adjusted my extraction fan to keep room air movement to a minimum… :wink:

1 Like

I’ll be watching to see how these nutes do for you.

@peachfuzz what kind of air stones are you using? I was thinking of making some with small pvc or pex pipe instead of the stones. Since the stones clog up and slow down air after a while. That would also help maintain their placement with a grid of pipe I think.

I just wash them after every use… I use the medium air stones and I only use hot water and hydrogen peroxide to clean them and a 115 psi air compressor to clean them… never any issues with clogging or anything else… :wink:
I really wish I had the time to document everything that I do… you would all be growing some ridiculous meds with ease… :wink:
@DoobieNoobie

3 Likes

Lol, some of this is definitely Hillbilly Hydro projects inspired by my mentor, @peachfuzz. I am running just 1 rdwc this time, also in hydro are a 4 inch and 8 inch rockwool blocks, a few coco 3 gallon cloth pots.

6 Likes

I will get a pic of what I got going on and post it in my thread… dont want to clog up Bryan’s… :wink:

1 Like

So a total of 5 soil, 8 various types of hydro

6 Likes

Where is your thread?

Yeah, I was interested to see how the Grow More did with hydro. Did you get their pk booster for flower?

Just tagged you…:grin:

Yes I did get PK boost 0-50-30. Actually that is what led me to growmore. I was out of koolbloom. Hydro store was out also and they sold me “mother of all blooms” for $16 that came in a 1cup size had that was maybe a third full. It was the worst I have been ripped off. GM brand is $17 bucks for 5 lb bag. The blue color takes some getting used to though

1 Like

3 Likes

this is what is inside the netpots of the rdwc running 2 clones in 27 gal res. I

1 Like

I ran the GrowMore nutes in Promix for my last grow and other than a lack of terpenes developed, the plants ran all the way out to full maturation and great yields. Potent too. Just not overpowering aromatics. Not sure if it’s the nutes or the low ambient RH for the last weeks.

2 Likes

Probably the nutes, they seem to have bare bones ingredients, npk and a few micro ‘s. No calcium or magnesium in it. That works well for me to add it And I will add Terpinator later on.

3 Likes

Sounds like sulfur, if you still have try again sometime with some epsom.

3 Likes