Growing with LED (beginner) any advice?

Some pictures of the ladies

To show you guys how they are doing and where I’m at.

2 Likes

How is your air circulation in that room? A few spots seem to either have wasted nute water spots or maybe rust mold? Are those yellow spots? And have they spread?

Bare with me I’m going to send images of the spots for each plant separately.

This image right here these two both leaves have been like this from the start. I was told that this was light bleaching or light burn which would make sense because I use to water directly on to the plant and let it flow down but now I don’t I water the soil and if I need to mist I make sure to have the fan on so no light burn continues.

These images seem to be new granted I did say I was having a bug problem before. I used a soap solution to fix it and I haven’t had any issues since also placed inside the house instead for garage. @PurpNGold74

Second plant is a little worse out than the other one. It have seem like I have been more careless with this one for I drop a light on it and accidental ripped off some foliage removing bugs, and even simply being to aggressive.

@PurpNGold74 air circulation I have the ceiling fan and my own fan with 5 speed settings.

As far as disease I don’t think that it’s I think it’s just all stuff from me being careless.

Yea they are resilient little ladies. Can take a licking with the best of them. And thats good. Just was wondering. :+1:t5::+1:t5:

I will say however I’m not sure what this is and I only noticed it because you asked.

And the bottom leaves of the second plant are very dry to the touch. I haven’t fed or watered either in 6days I waiting till tomorrow before I do another feeding but I’m starting I think I should just water with regular water instead.

Yes. Feed water feed is a good schedule to keep. Allows for the breakup of leftover salts. Which u dont want to buildup

Also just saw this somewhere else. Perfect timing

Possibly, all depends on how you go about each way I would figure. You could also just stagger plants within the same area, as in a start a plant every week until it gets full and then replace plants as you harvest them. Or at whatever frequency you want that works. You could do that all in the same space under a light or two.

Yeah, basically something like that. At least two spaces though, one for flowering separate from the rest.

For sure! Having a pretty good idea on the space would help a bunch. But if you’ve been following any of the builds using led strips, you can get pretty flexible with the 560mm lengths and something like an hlg-120h-c700a driver. For a 3x6 flowering space though I would probably recommend going up to an hlg-185 and building 3 lights with that driver and 14 of the strips. Would give you about 650 watts at wall around 2.3 umol/joule.

1 Like

Random update that gave me a better insight on why you guys have been so adamant about stronger light.

This little guy I thought died so I put it outside to see if stronger light (because sun light is superior to all) really makes a difference. This little girl is thriving showing better signs of life than her older siblings

Stem is significantly shorter than her siblings when they were seedlings and the leaves are a more vibrant and darker green.

Chalk another win for Sol :joy::joy: makes u wonder why bother indoor growing… then u see a raid on the 6 o clock news n remember why

1 Like

I agree :joy::joy:

@PurpNGold74 thanks for the kind words! I am in the works with @dbrn32 on building a new strip fixture or 2 from some strips that have a pretty dope looking spectrum. That should be a fun build and me and Rob can show you the build if he’s down. Maybe toss up some photos and give a little explanation. I’m following @dbrn32 lead and he’s gonna walk me through it first

1 Like

U know all i need is a tag or if you want drop by and leave it on my grow. Thanks man. Love living vicariously thru u guys

4 Likes

Update increased wattage from 68 watts to 110watts

1 Like

Update to update biggest plant getting 200 watts of actual light smaller one is getting about 100 watts of actual energy.

@PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear @Familyman

When would be a good time to start pruning?

You don’t need to prune yet. See how the under growth is still getting light? When your plant gets a little bigger and bushier those fan leaves will block a lot of bud sites and that’s when you’d want to do some pruning :v:

4 Likes