Growing something else. Gasp

Hello

I’ve got a veggie question is there a good site to read on indoor veggie grows? I’m starting with carrots and would they be run at 18/6 or what. I couldn’t find so I ask here. Got 14 inches of dirt.

Start a thread in the gardening croner. It’s under members lounge I think. It’s outside stuff but indoor would be interesting.

2 Likes

Carrots would probably be better out in the yard. Root veg and whatnot. Maybe cukes or tomatoes or lettuce.

1 Like

seems you would need a deeper medium for carrots…I dunno…14 is pretty deep though.

1 Like

Some places said 8-12 depth. Cool I’ll look for it.

What’s the back of the packet say about spacing?

15/3 inches. There’s room. I’ll just pick early. I’m going to do same with leaf veggies. Pick as needed is how I’m going to use it. It’s all trial and error. If they don’t work well there are others. Kids are just excited to grow carrots.

1 Like

I was gonna try one of those pvc pipe lettuce grows. Reading up on hydro ebb and flow and whatnot

2 Likes

I thought of that too, but I like the taste of soil grows. There’s a little farm we buy lettuce hydro and it just off a little. The salad bar I’m going to build is going to be 6 feet long so we can grow all the good leaf and just pick what we need that day

1 Like