Growing problems/ issues

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the Grow Support category:

I purchased your white widow seeds and germainated them the way you instructed. This is my first time growing, but only 3 of the 10 seeds i attempted to germinate actually sprouted something. So i used the three that sprouted and started them in some potting soil inside the house, when they reached about 6 inches in height i replanted them in my garden. Things seemed ok water everyday fertilize once a week and they grew, 2 seemed to be the same but one was looking way different than the other 2. So the issue i have is that theyve been in the ground since june 1st and they seemed to have stopped growing, only about 18 inches high and the leaves on 2 of the paints have turned yellowish. I figured they would be much bigger than what I have and they appear to be dying despite all the care to try to save them. Help?

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Fill out this Support Ticket so that members can better assist you, as they’ll need the info to help you out. All the best!

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

3 Likes

Hi can u post some pics of ur plants so we can see how they are ,and what way did you germinate ur seeds .try germinating ur seeds this way i use this method all the time and never have a problem go buy some cotton makeup removel pads now grab a plate or a DVD case place a pad on the plate or DVD case spray it down with water that has 2mls of seaweed liquid mixed in it now spray the pad down dont make it to wet now place ur seed on the pad now place another pad on top of the seed spray down the pad until damp now cover the plate with plastic wrap and put two small holes in the wrap with in 24 to 30 hours ur seeds will be popped ,i forgot place the plate or DVD case into a warm place ,theres no need to soak ur seeds in water i believe that method drowns ur seeds give this method ago you will be happy with the results

3 Likes

Hi, any issues with seed germination need to ne reported to the seed shop. From their page select “contact us” then fill out form and they should get back to you fairly quickly. As long as it’s not over a weekend anyway.

Your plants have likely stopped growing because they have transitioned to flower. This is about time of year you’ll see them flower and typical for the plants to be done gaining in height once flowering. As such, not much you can do about that now. It would have been better to reach out in july where you could have taken action. Outdoors your plants should have plenty of energy from the sun to grow big unless you planted in the shade or had poor weather conditions. If that wasn’t the case, there was an issue with plant health. This could have been anything from damaging root system during transplant, improper soil, improper ph, nutrients, bugs, temperature, mechanical damage, or literally several other things.

If you provide detailed response to support ticket and some pictures we may be able to find some of your potential issues.

6 Likes

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)

• Age of Plant: 16 weeks
    -Method: Indoor Seedling Growth, then outdoor since week 8
    -Vessels: ceramic pots, then outdoor in fenced garden
    -outdoor
    -Current Light Schedule: standard NY State Summer Light
    -Temps; varies, but between 95 at 3pm and 65 at nifht
    -Humidity; unsure
    -Ventilation system; No
    -Co2; No

So this is my first attempt at growing. I wanted to just see if I could get them grown and with any amount of smokable final product. These are feminized cheese seeds. We planted seedlings on April 29th this year, and have had them planted all outdoors since week 8. I just wanted to make sure I don’t have any herms. I know at this stage it can happen, and these seeds have not used any nutrients, we have just used potting soil and then the soil in our garden. I checked every plant and saw no male balls, but just wanted to make absolutely sure there are no herms in these plants. From what I saw every single bud had this same density and look to it. I know to look for “bananas” and even lime green or yellow shoots that woudl signify herm growth, but have seen none.

Just wanted to be absolutely sure I’m not missing anything!

5 Likes

Hello! First time growing and I got some Bruce Banner Autoflower seeds. I am noticing that the leaves are starting to look strange and am wondering if I am doing anything wrong. We are about 2 weeks in at this point and I really don’t wanna mess up the beginning stages. Thanks!

4 Likes

I started my seeds 96 hours ago and only 2 out of 5 seeds have spouted.

They were in a plastic container folded in a paper towel with a little extra water. It was placed in a very dark cabinet for 72 hours.

When i went to plant them, only one had sprouted. I put it back for another 24 hours and now have two seeds that sprouted.

Any suggestions on why the other three have sprouted? Or what i can do to get them growing?

3 Likes

Just a word about germinating in paper towel,cotton or any porous material. The hair like root growth attaches to the substrait and when the seed is removed damage occurs to the root, it does not always harm the plant terminally, but you want to give your starts the best chance possible when germinating, i try to avoid anything that can shock the plant at this stage. I will say a make up remover pad is less porous than other things but roots are made to grab and hold on, just my 2 cents, good growing!

4 Likes

If someone was doing an indoor grow with hydroponics, what would cause a plant to grow out instead of up? Its has no height at all. Just growing like a little succulent plant

Help IDing my problem. Ive got an issue with my DWC grow and cant seem to figure out what it is. Ive tried treating it as nute burn at first they recovered well. I then dosed down my nutes to about 1/8th strength ans they took off for the first week. After my res change and adding my nutes the next day i started seeing issues. At first i thought i had a CalMag issue and treates it as such and they seemed to do better for a few days then tanked. I flushed the system gave them a few days to recover which they started too then right back to having spots (brown/bronze.) My friend suggested it could be the beginning phases of root rot bc my ph has been swining like crazy with and without nutes ie. 5.8 after ph down check 3 hours later up to 6.8, down to 5.8 again 3 hours later its at 6.6 or 7.0. As of yesterday i flushed again added Kangaroots and ph’d to 6.0. I woke up this morning checked I’m at 7.

As of 9 am EST
Ph 7.0 (And climbing)
Ec 0.23
Temp. 68 to 72
Kangaroots 7.5ml

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, not my area. Ill look to see who i can tag for ya.

1 Like

Much appreciated bc i am officially lost now, any other info i need to provide just lmk

1 Like

Guys will ask type of nutes, tds measurements type of water ph , type of light humidity and such. On it

1 Like

@dbrn32 who would i have tagged to assist our new member? Dwc not my thing, neither are sick plants, yet.

Calling a mod who knows things.

2 Likes

Tagging the calvary, a wise mod.

@OGIncognito. Thank you kind sir.

2 Likes

What’s the reservoir temps and do the roots have a slimy feel? Your target EC should be 1.8-2.0 with a PH of 5.8-6.0. Do you have a visible 2” air gap between the net cup and nutrient solution and are you inoculating the roots with something like Hydroguard or Southern Ag🤟

5 Likes

Thanks for assisting. You da man

2 Likes

No expert but learned the basics brother. Appreciate ya :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Knock on wood, havent had to treat sick ladies. Old sailors love smoothe sailing.

2 Likes

Hydroguard is on the way, should be here by Monday. Res temp is generwlly between 68 and 72 (add ice bottles asap) i have about a 2 inch gap between bottom of net pot and water line. The roots
Do not feel slimey the discoloration im accrediting too the kangaroots i added. Im onky running the kangaroots solo bc i was worried if it was nute burn again (doubtful) and my friend said the benny bacteria in it could potentially help if it was root rot. Im switching nutes from FoxFarm to Floraflex bc after further research ive read fox has alot of issues. Is it possibke that my girls are starving? I initially had nute burn no doubt and i corrected that but is it possible ive been going too light on the nutes?

Current readings

EC 0.23
Res temp 66.8
Ph 7.0 (added ph down just now)
Air temp 79
RH 55 to 70 (63 currently)
Ppm 223 (tap water is roughly 90 to 110)

1 Like