Growing plants indoors

How long can I leave them like I have them? I can’t get 7 big flower pots in this room under 1 light lol. The planter they are in is about 8 inches deep. I’m hoping they will be ok until I can get the others outdoors. It’s still gets to damn cold here to put them outside

1 Like

They will become harder to remove for transplant, without hurting roots. Reach bottom of a cup in less than a week

2 Likes

I would sepetate them into some sort of small container at the very least.

1 Like

Most people start in solo cups for two weeks then transplant. At 3 weeks my cups are already root bound to give you a idea.

2 Likes

Right now this all I can do. Hopefully they will be okay for a couple weeks I hope.

1 Like

Can ya scrape up 7 cups, even assorted, solo cups, take-out drinks etc. I use 1qt yogurt containers lasts 3 weeks

2 Likes

Gotcha!! Will get this done tomorrow while I’m off work. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

As stated, you could pull off leaving them but for sure will be transplant shocked. The roots will undoubtedly grow into each other.

I can get the cups but I can’t get the other 2 lights for a couple weeks and dirt for the pots. That happy frog from fox farm is 30+ bucks a bag on Amaz and I would think I need at least 14 bags to almost fill 7 big pots. 2 cubic feet per bag.

Enough soil on hand to fill the cups? It doesnt have to be fancy high in nutes or anything just clean. Theyll be able to build much better root in the cups, might be able to push it two weeks

2 Likes

Then theyll fit under the light nicely too

These would work for a couple weeks wouldn’t they? Then just plant the whole thing in a pot.

No can cause roots getting stuck. Onlu a few ppl make them things work probably by hacking at them or cutting partly open

2 Likes

The example @Bunger64 got a pic up there is a model of seedling starting, can even use wrap over cups if you dont have domes. Then dont fill as deep with soil

Maybe a can get some sauce cups form work. I’ll do it like you all are showing me.

1 Like

Its cheap and works, got that going for it. I know I scrape up all kinda stuff. Whatever can be used for gardening is

Get the tallest big gulp cups you can find and poke small holes in the bottom for drainage.

2 Likes

Great ideal

How much dirt in one of those big cups? About 1/2 full or less?

Fill her up till about 2 inches from the top… that way the roots have plenty of room to grown down…

2 Likes