Well I’m into my 3rd DWC grow now and getting defintely more comfortable with it. Last grow produced 3 decent plants. While not producing the primo shit I’d hoped for I did get 11 oz. good smoke an unexpected benefit snuck in. As i waited for the trichomes to develop a few ambers ( and it seemed like I waited forever) the plants self-fertilized. So I’m not going to need to hit the seed banks ant time soon.
But on to the current grow.
I altered the environment some this time around as the 4 seedlings were maturing enough to transplant. Out of the last grow I definitelydiscovered that 4 plants in a single 3.5 gal reservoir led to some nasty overcrowding inside and outside the bucket, see-sawing pH and high fluid temps. So this time I shunted 1 plant (a Purple Haze) into a 3.5 gal bucket with one 6 inch net pot. Next to that I’ve got a 5 gal. reservoir containing 3 more plants (1-White Russian, 1-Gold Leaf and 1-Amnesia Haze).
All are growing quickly with the 3 plants in the larger reservoir are catching up quickly. All have or are developing large and very white root systems.
However, the single palnt (purple haze) has always had yellow spotting on the leaves and brittleness/yellowing at the tips and around the serrated edgesj of the leaves. There has also always been some reddish/purple coloration to the upper level petioles attributable, I thought, to the strain.
It’s time for solution change so I am going to give a cal-mag boost and see if that helps. That plus any recommendations I can get from this post.
Best wishes everybody, and keep on toking.