Growing in western Pennsylvania

Northern lights strain, seeds put in dirt pots on 4-20 and in window for a week. Then I made a light box with 90W grow light for 3 weeks till they were 6” tall and 6” canopy. At this point they were big enough to be transplanted. I dug holes in the ground 24x24x24 and put perlite in the bottom 2” then fox farms ocean forest soil 6”” then uncle Jim’s worm castings then filled the holes with FFOF. Well water for water
This pic is at 9 weeks showing 6 plants. Each plant around 4’ apart

6 Likes

A couple close ups !(upload://fKFSpKBN4ncJqFdR1AVk8trnLEO.jpeg)

7 Likes

Looking good and green!

1 Like

Looking very nice . The stretch is coming soon. Keep them going!

Just sprayed Captain jacks dead bug brew on all plants top and bottom of every leaf. It took two bottles of brew to get good coverage, there are a lot of leaves. This was the third time I treated them with 7 days between each treatment

1 Like

@420guy just a FYI they make concentrated version it. 2 tbsp per gallon. I mixed it heavy, and don’t forget to spray the soil.

2 Likes

I got the concentrated mix bottle because I need at least a bottle to do a spray. How much more do you mix. I used a heaping tablespoon for 16oz bottle @Covertgrower. The dirt I didn’t do but it definitely gets in the dirt when I sprayed the plants

Beautiful plants look healthy. It’s nice to be able to put them outside let mother nature do what it does best. Hard to beat sunshine.

4 Likes

I used 2 tablespoons per spray bottle, even though the directions are per gallon for that.

1 Like

@Covertgrower thanks for the mixing tip, I’ll do that next time
@kellydans thank you for the kind words and your right there is nothing like Mother Nature doing her thing

2 Likes

@Cantgetnosatisfaction @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @AAA
Hello everyone I tagged you guys for some more information. My grow is looking great and I’m wondering how I should support the buds when they start forming. Should I do a scrog at about 4’ an 6’ and start setting that up now? How will it be to get at the plants for maintenance with the scrog in my way. I also see problems watering with it in the way. Or am I over thinking this?

You can get a trellis, or those light yo-yo’s. Watering I use a tank sprayer. I’ve taken the sprayer off, and it just flows out. If you wait too long to water, the soil can become hydrophobic, so you’ll want to water just a little in each pot, wait, then water thoroughly.

@420guy for myself i use Bambo sticks if needed . I also try to use heavy gauge tomato cages the bigger ones i use them on the plants as it grows I try to tuck all the branches inside the top circle . Then as they get longer I start tying them down with garden wire. It may sound backwards but for my style tying them down seems to make the limbs stronger as they are forced to grow upward more giving them the ability to hold bigger flowers . Myself i think indoor plants that the veg stage was cut short to force flowering is where most of the breaking limbs happen more often . Walmart has plastic coated aluminum stakes in the garden center pretty reasonable . How big do you expect the girls to get?

1 Like

last year this one I made a square Trellis square shaped with several cross pieces going thru the bush it was an experimental plant i topped 25 time in its first two month of growing

2 Likes

@Cantgetnosatisfaction I kinda like the bamboo steaks but don’t have bamboo. I’m a wood worker and have extra wood I could use so that’s no problem. In years past the weight of the buds was always one of my problems. This year my plants are bigger than I’ve had at harvest and it’s only June. There is still 3 months to go on this so I have no idea how big they will get, but I would think a couple more feet. My biggest is 7’ and most are 6’ couple at 4’ and my runt is 3 inches tall
@Covertgrower I do have a hose in the garden and could water with that , I usually fill a water bucket. I don’t want to blast the soil or the plant. My garden is on the edge of my yard but in the woods and I don’t use pots they are in the ground.
The problem is you can see them from the house if you know where to look. So I don’t want them to be obvious and get busted. Not many people come over that are not cool but you never know, so I don’t tell anyone but you guys. Delivery guys like amazon, fed ex scare me.
Just trying to be invisible is my goal

2 Likes

Cool man, I get it. I’m not telling a soul. For your outdoor you could definitely use wire coat hangers. They wouldn’t stick out, and it’ll help keep the plant low if you need to. Fishing line with a hose as a cushion would work for invisibility. Just a couple of thoughts. @420guy

1 Like

Those are Big and Beautiful!

1 Like

They lookin good except for my runt

3 Likes

Go to the hardware store and buy some cagewire, 4 to 6 inch squares, 6 inch is better. They use it for concrete slabs. Its kinda expensive but well worth the investment. Wrap that in hoop around the plants. You can pull branches through the squares! Works wicked! If your dope gets stupid tall use sticks up the outside of the cage and just add another hoop.
Nice lookin plants! Do you start flower in August too?

2 Likes

Though Ive always found my outdoor plants if left uncut will usually support the buds pretty good. Its mostly if I prune em that they get weak unions and are prone to branches snapping off.