Growing in soil now ...first time here. Thinking of going hydro...pros and cons any and all advice is much appreciated

Pros using hydro
Grows faster and maybe bigger quicker yields. I’m not a hydro guy so may be more and I’m sure there are.
Cons using hydro
You are continuing to support the crazy use of petroleum products and chemical factories helping to ruin our planet!
You will be consuming the chemical nutrients via what was given the plants. Call me crazy but this is my guess as we truly don’t have the first clue if this is the case or not (Teflon, roundup, fluoride the list keeps getting longer everyday) but I’m not going to risk my health not anyone else’s! Too many things we use and consume everyday is poison to us and the planets ecosystem and you all know that’s true or at least you should.

Pros of growing in true living soil.
Nature has been perfecting this system for millions of years. It’s easier and cheaper in the long run not having to continually buy chemical nutrients in plastic containers and then flushing the old stuff down the drain and eventually polluting the environment. If soil is quality and built right there is virtually no need to continually check Ph water to run off and then ph again. Check PPM etc etc.
Reuse the soil by adding amendments for another and another and another grow.
No flushing
No harsh tastes of quality controls are not in place Yada Yada

Cons of using living soil
It’s not as convenient?
It may not produce as much yields?
Yada Yada…

Ok all you hydro growers let me have it!

4 Likes