Growing in octopots

Is anybody on here growing in octopots I’m having issue with the water getting kind of slimy and The Roots don’t look as good as they could I was considering using hydroguard and adding some kind of beneficial bacteria.Will this keep roots healthy?

2 Likes

@Poseidon grows in octopots. Here’s a link to one of his grows.

1 Like

Yup, Biological Slime in the reservoir. Hydroguard will help this greatly :+1:t2:

The best nutrients for this system is Perfect PH … You have to be careful about PH creep in a SWC more so than DWC. My first three grows I used a non buffering nutrient regiment and it was hell …

Best of luck! Tag me if you need help :v:t2: Also, Chris (owner of Octopot) is a nice guy. Thank you for supporting his company :grin:

2 Likes

Hey bud :v:t2:

1 Like

They can grow huge plants …

1 Like

Does that pH perfect stuff really work? And does it maintain the pH until you give it the next feeding

2 Likes

What type of weight have you been getting out of your plants? The hardest thing to figure out is what nutrients to use. Right now I have Voodoo juice, Tarantula, and Sensi bloom ph. pH out of tap is 6.5 ppm is high at 500
Any suggestions?

1 Like

Yup :+1:t2: It’s awesome :v:t2:

1 Like

I average 200 grams with a short veg (Sativa’s) and about 140 with Indicas. It all depends though…

The Advanced Nutrients are really good. I run the expert regiment and have never seen a drift issue. During bloom, I am topping the res at least two gallons every 4 days so that helps

1 Like

My biggest issue is my humidity level I have an 8 by 8 by 7 tent 8 octopots six LEDs I have to run two exhaust fans to keep it right around 7879 so they suck all the humidity out and I can only get about 30% wasn’t sure about a console humidifier because of the bacteria

1 Like

Try to maintain your VPD numbers if possible. See below -

1 Like

Do you have room for portable AC. I had to get one in my 4x8 to keep temps down and humidity up.

1 Like

You can get a large container of water and dome the plant and water vessel thereby trapping evaporate. A humidifier works as well. Mold and mildew are concerns though…

1 Like