Growing in Cow poo

It’s great to give it a try. I see this experiment unfolding in two possible ways;

“Well folks, I’ve created a way to transform cow manure into a hydroponic medium. In fact, I’m writing a book about it!”

-or-

“Well, at least I know not to do that again!”.

Either way, it’s great. Good luck and have fun @Stoneythetiger420.

3 Likes

Experimental activities rock. I always wonder “what if?” Ive been looking online, but everything seems to come up as “composted manure”. But thats not what I’m looking for. I wonder if its void of nutes, how well would it be? I’m gonna keep looking around and try it in the mean time. Ill keep you guys posted for sure!

3 Likes

I’m not a partaker of shrooms much less having any knowledge of the nutrients in dung :grin: What I can offer is that Black Kow (composted manure) lists NPK as 0.5-0.5-0.5. So based on that I think you’re on the right track with your idea. Like others have noted keep researching on the Internet :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been looking. (Whenever I think about it, and have the time.) It seems that most people either;

1. mix fresh with soil, and other amendments. Basically using it to grow while it composts…
  2. use or make compost, then grow in it.
    There’s a lot of nutrient values available for diy compost and obviously brands of pre bagged, but so far nothing for old, dried, pure cow dung. I’m gonna have to wait to start, as funds this week don’t allow me to buy perlite.
    I was thinking about it, and I do own and use house and gardens root excel gold for my coco. I beat the microbes in it would flourish in the poop. I have never used it in anything but the coco though. Everyone that uses it in any medium except for hydroponic application swear by it. Myself included.
1 Like

I’m of the opinion that experimenting with what you have available is a good thing. If it doesn’t work then you just try something else. :+1:

1 Like

I agree. Although I have no issues with coco what so ever. I’ve used it the longest, and I’m most comfortable with it. Buuuuuttttt that doesn’t mean I can’t venture from the nest. :smirk:

1 Like

Absolutely!!! You never know what you’ll learn or create :+1: Walking to the beat from a different drummer has led to many good discoveries :grin:

3 Likes

Well, lets see what we can come up with!:fist:

1 Like