Growing for the first time!

So I finally got my PH meter a few days ago and found out my tap is 8.0! So I bought some ph stuff that should be coming today.

I have some gnats, so I am waiting for the soil to dry completely and I’m going to water from the bottom so the top is dry a little longer.

She’s still showing growth though, so that’s good. Just in case I moved my lights back up to 30 inches away.

Has to be light burn or the fact that my water ph was 8

Because I’m going to water from bottom I can’t test just yet but I will once I water from top.

Going to aim to water with 6.2-6.5

A ph of 8 will make your plant very unhappy. Good that you got a meter and ph up and down coming. Are you going to treat the gnats?

1 Like

Right now I have stickies up. I have some DE coming that I will use just in case I need it. Right now I see no gnats so I will wait to use the DE if I need to use it after trying to water from the bottom and I see more gnats.

Plus I hear it’s good for root growth, so win win I guess. Just hard to gauge whether or not the pot is fully dry, even weighing it is a guessing game still

Also my HM is back up and going between 50-55%, so that problem is fixed

I think I’m going to move from 24/0 of light to 20/4 and see what happens

maybe i’ll wait on changing the lights and keep them 24/0 still. That is what is keeping my temp and HM at good constant levels lol. Plus ive seen others use 24/- with no light burn.

Might def be the PH then.

I would doubt it’s light burn. I have never run 24/7 after the first couple weeks. Usually switch to a 18/6

1 Like

Well. looks like my ph stuff has come in. Not sure if i should water today or wait a couple more days. I think the pot might be almost completely dry, def not soaked, moist maybe but not much.

would it be a problem if i watered anyway or wait? last watering was 7 days ago with only a .25L of water

1 Like

You should be good to hit it with some ph’d water. Try about a half gallon to get some runoff going and go from there if you don’t get runoff right away dint be scared to use some more.

I have fought those darn Fungus Gnats for since my indoor grow So I have tried Garlic water, Mosquitos Bits, and DE all seemed to work for a while, but Now those little SOB’S have killed all my plants so Neem Oil saturated all 5-gallon pots have been soaked today and will be done for a few days to dry between. We ae waiting for more seeds. I should have been using Neem Oil cause it kills them. I like to keep Organics grow.

2 Likes

got my PH down to 6.5 and am currently watering from the bottom. Will leave it for about 10-15 minutes then that should be good hopefully.

thanks, i’ll probably buy some just to have on hand just in case i need it

Saw this video about plant and soil microbes, very informative

2 Likes

I have this tagged so when I have the time to watch I can! Watched a few minutes and great information so far.

1 Like

I just finished watching it. So much great information!

1 Like

when should i start LST? she’s 18 days old and not getting any younger, ha! she has 3 nodes and working on the 4th

I’d suspect in roughly 2 weeks she would start to show some pistils

1 Like

@Aussie_autos I didn’t want to hijack the other guys thread so i will respond here. I don’t have the stuff to make the compost tea, but i would like to try it on my next grow though

1 Like

In a practical sense, start LST it’s tall enough to reach the something to be tied to. I waited until I had a 5th node and began training at the 3rd node.

My plants are growing so fast right now, I’m doing it daily now.

2 Likes

You can start training at any time. They are very resilient. Do u plan or topping or fim?

1 Like

No topping or fim, just LST only for my first go.

@WormyUnicorn I think i might have to wait a few days once she starts working on her 5th node as well

2 Likes

Indoor u would benefit more from a top or fim from what I have understand

1 Like