Growing for the first time!

Don’t overthink things this early. Your plant looks healthy. The “blotchy” coloring is really quite normal in seedlings. It is sort of like most babies are born with blue eyes and the pigment comes soon after. Your baby is just now developing enough to make chlorophyll.

1 Like

Hope you’re right. Last week I was away and my humidity was in the 40’s. I just read low humidity can cause deficiencies as well like calcium and magnesium. I literally just ordered a new humidifier that will keep the humidity at a set level, holds 4L of water and connects with an APP. It’s coming Saturday and I hope it’s not too late and her growth gets stunted.

My PH meter comes tomorrow so I will check my water and see if that’s a problem as well. And I also need to wait for soil to completely dry and add DE to deal with these fungas gnats.

Once I get all these things done, I hope she looks better haha. First time grower worries

2 Likes

OK after more research… since i am using organic soil, it could be that magnesium has not broken down enough or fast enough to be available to the plant.

Just a thought and that’s assuming it’s even a magnesium deficiency but it sure looks like it.

Getting my PH meter today and will update with what PH my tap water is here.

OK, so i got my PH meter and my tap water is reading at a PH of 8.0! Is that too bad for organic soil? Am i going to need to lower PH? thanks in advance!

This might also explain what looks like magnesium deficiency?

No it isn’t

1 Like

I went ahead and added some lime juice to my gallon of water and got the PH down to about 6.7 which should be ok. I will use this the next time i water after the soil dries out completely and see what happens to future growth. Humidifier also coming tomorrow so that should be taken care of soon as well.

Check Ph again before use. Lime/lemon juice is not stable, Ph will climb back up.

1 Like

would vinegar be a better option?

I have used lemon juice, just have to use it pretty quick or it will degrade or something. Don’t have anything to back me up on this, one of the mods I think has better info on this.
Maybe it was @dbrn32 that mentioned lemon juice?

1 Like

ah ok. That means i’ll have to throw away the water after a few days? I have no idea when my soil will completely dry, could take days

naaah, it should be fine. I’m just sayin’ don’t trust the Ph to remain stable.
I don’t mix nutes ahead at all tho.

2 Likes

gotcha ok, thanks!

I would just get ph adjusting solutions. The household stuff seems to cause problems with keeping your ph where you set it to.

thanks, i’ve seen a lot of people using general hydroponics so i will buy that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BNKWZY/?coliid=I15KKW1S57HXD0&colid=AMV0X21VXI61&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

2 Likes

Set to watch. Thank you for the invite sorry I missed this journal. I personally think your girls are doing fine and I would be messing with so many chemicals. I literally feed Jack’s 321 full strength and my girls grow out of it by week 5

1 Like

thanks for joining!

Other than the dry amendments from COM, i’ll be using these ph adjustment to get my ph down from 8 to 6-7 ish. I’m glad to hear from a few people that the way they look is fine but still makes me worried. She doesn’t seem stunted since i’m seeing growth everyday. I’ll just work on my ph and get the humidity up to better levels around 50-55%.

Also need to wait for soil to dry to get rid of these gnats. Next time i will get some perlite and add more to the soil since i didn’t do it. Seems the soil holds moisture a little too well haha

I love the soil for that I feed once a week earlier in flower was twice. Ima tag you in my journals so you see you have nothing to worry about sir

1 Like

please do, the more information the better

Hope you can find some good information

2 Likes

That is what many on here use, myself included. Just don’t bother with that test solution, it is too “subjective” for me. Use your Ph pen, as I see you are expecting one any time.

1 Like