Growing for the first time!

Advice. Get the concentrate and mix as necessary. I used up a ready to mix spray bottle really fast.

1 Like

Every kind of bug

2 Likes

I’ll look into it, thanks!

Well… I think i know what the issue is!
@Nicky @Capt.Cola @sandune @SilvaBack203 @JaneQP

After some more research, i think my plant either has Magnesium deficiency due to water PH being too high OR LIGHT BURN!

It might be light burn because the new growth is also experiencing this issue and magnesium deficiency and light burn look very similar. Also my plant is growing and i don’t see the growth being stunted at all.

Any opinions on that assumption? Thanks again!

You have a pic to post.

1 Like

What do you have for a ph? It looks like ph is off and possibly a deficiency starting. What are you ph’ing your water to? Soil should be between 6.5-6.9 to make sure you are taking up all the nutrients. I would give it like a 1/2 to 1 gallon of ph 6.7 water to a little runoff and see what happens the next day or two. Take the runoff and test it’s ph. Try not to catch the first bit of runoff if you know what I mean.

1 Like

So I finally got my PH meter a few days ago and found out my tap is 8.0! So I bought some ph stuff that should be coming today.

I have some gnats, so I am waiting for the soil to dry completely and I’m going to water from the bottom so the top is dry a little longer.

She’s still showing growth though, so that’s good. Just in case I moved my lights back up to 30 inches away.

Has to be light burn or the fact that my water ph was 8

Because I’m going to water from bottom I can’t test just yet but I will once I water from top.

Going to aim to water with 6.2-6.5

A ph of 8 will make your plant very unhappy. Good that you got a meter and ph up and down coming. Are you going to treat the gnats?

1 Like

Right now I have stickies up. I have some DE coming that I will use just in case I need it. Right now I see no gnats so I will wait to use the DE if I need to use it after trying to water from the bottom and I see more gnats.

Plus I hear it’s good for root growth, so win win I guess. Just hard to gauge whether or not the pot is fully dry, even weighing it is a guessing game still

Also my HM is back up and going between 50-55%, so that problem is fixed

I think I’m going to move from 24/0 of light to 20/4 and see what happens

maybe i’ll wait on changing the lights and keep them 24/0 still. That is what is keeping my temp and HM at good constant levels lol. Plus ive seen others use 24/- with no light burn.

Might def be the PH then.

I would doubt it’s light burn. I have never run 24/7 after the first couple weeks. Usually switch to a 18/6

1 Like

Well. looks like my ph stuff has come in. Not sure if i should water today or wait a couple more days. I think the pot might be almost completely dry, def not soaked, moist maybe but not much.

would it be a problem if i watered anyway or wait? last watering was 7 days ago with only a .25L of water

1 Like

You should be good to hit it with some ph’d water. Try about a half gallon to get some runoff going and go from there if you don’t get runoff right away dint be scared to use some more.

I have fought those darn Fungus Gnats for since my indoor grow So I have tried Garlic water, Mosquitos Bits, and DE all seemed to work for a while, but Now those little SOB’S have killed all my plants so Neem Oil saturated all 5-gallon pots have been soaked today and will be done for a few days to dry between. We ae waiting for more seeds. I should have been using Neem Oil cause it kills them. I like to keep Organics grow.

2 Likes

got my PH down to 6.5 and am currently watering from the bottom. Will leave it for about 10-15 minutes then that should be good hopefully.

thanks, i’ll probably buy some just to have on hand just in case i need it

Saw this video about plant and soil microbes, very informative

2 Likes

I have this tagged so when I have the time to watch I can! Watched a few minutes and great information so far.

1 Like