Growing bonsais plant

I don’t know what is happening but I have second seed growing like bonsai. Looks like mini plant.
Would this be the seeds? They both come from one supplier.
This is weeks old Northern Lights fem.

This is totally normal. Some plants will start to develop “true” leaves right away.

Happy growing,

MacG

Hope you right. It’s just so annoying.

@MacGyverStoner is right, that is absolutley normal every seed I have germinated and planted from the time I started til now has already came out with its first set of true leaves, and if any one is to listen to it’d be @MacGyverStoner, he’s a smart man you can learn alot from him @latewood as well

For what it’s worth, I started 4 White Widow autos at the same time. One I put in a 5-gallon bucket from the start, and after 2 weeks, it was growing GREAT, but the 3 in 5-inch Jiffy pots were all still very small, with few leaves. I assumed it was the small pot, so I’ve since transplanted them, but they’ll never catch the other one.

I suspect seed quality.
Looks like two down on this grow.

What are you using as soil? That looks like mulch almost.
And honestly it’s usually human error most of the time, not the seeds fault. They want to grow we just have to give them the right environment.

Have you checked pH?

@ktreez420 and @kushpa, it’s likely stretching due to its first time of life, some seed banks do that I’ve noticed, bonza seeds tend to grow exactly the same way for about the first week of life, and so does barneys farm as well, as for the seeds I agree grower error, they’ll grow they just need the right environment.

Chances are they got to cold, got to warm, or chances are that they even possibly got to set (not saying that’s what happened just a possibility).

Seems some thing in there genetics cause them to grow like that, I’ve seen it multiple times in the last few weeks with all my new starters I got going

I have pH of 6.5 and using pro garden soil from local Bunnings.
I wait another week and see what happens.
Otherwise, have to look at another supplier.

Hey all,

just checking in to make sure I get a notice of new posts in the topic. Peace

This is a good thing, generally. You generally want the spaces between “nodes” to be as short as possible. This is often an indicator of tight buds during flowering, as opposed to stretched out airy buds that are the result of a plant with excessive stretch between nodes during flowering.

This can be a sign you are giving it adequate light. Without enough light, seedlings will stretch a lot between nodes.

It can also be a display of indica genetics. Indicas often have less space between nodes than pure sativas.

Happy growing,

MacG

Appreciate your info.
The hiccup actually is that this plant is not growing properly. The leaves are not growing. The attached picture is of week old. Comming into second week and it’s basically stay the same. No grow.
PH is good, lighting is good.
Just bad seed i think and it’s second time.

It probably isn’t the seed. If the seed has developed at all, it is probably good. Something in the soil may be slowing root development even if the pH is fine. Maybe the soil is staying too wet?

A seed that looks like this is healthy, a unhealthy seed wouldn’t even have got this far.

~MacG

I don’t know what is happening, i have another plant growing great in same soil. It’s pro garden soil from Australian bunnings. It’s serve me well before.
Have some seeds left, will try another and see what happens.
If same thing, start looking for different supply.

Transplant is an idea

I have no knowledge about “pro garden soil” from “Australian bunnings”, as I’m in the US.

However, often when newer growers switch strains and try to grow in the same garden soil that worked for them with a previous strain, they may often run into problems.

Different strains have different tolerances for the strength of nutrients available, and especially often too much nitrogen.

It is a common practice and it is recommended to not give any nutrients to seedlings until at least 3-5 nodes have grown, indicating a well developed root zone that can handle a somewhat significant amount of nutrients. A good way to do this is to only use “seedling starter soil” until the 3-5 nodes have developed along with the 3-5 pairs of accompanying “true leaves”.

The cotyledons, or “embryonic” leaves have enough food (kind of like the yolk in an egg) to sustain the seedling until it has developed enough to tolerate a somewhat significant amount of nutrients.

The variations from strain to strain can also be in the way they react to soil that is too wet.

In general, all cannabis should be treated similarly to cactus. They don’t like “wet feet”. They prefer very porous “airy” and well draining soil.

Some strains may be able to tolerate lower oxygen levels at the roots and do better in overly wet soil. Just as many strains now-a-days are bred for tolerance to fungi, like powdery mildew and others might be bred to be resistant to the above common problems.

I guess I might paraphrase something that @yoshi might say, it is kinda of true for certain strains they are like some high end automobiles, and some wont use just regular gas/petrol, they need the premium octanes or they might run rough and “knock” or what have you.

Again, I suspect one of these issues is what is causing the plant’s delicate starting roots to have difficulty developing and taking hold.

Happy growing,

MacG