Growing bag seed with Ironman26

Sometimes the ones that seem like the runt and won’t catch up during veg will end up being the biggest plant come harvest…one of the reasons I love growing these plants is the differences between plants and even sometimes the same strains will even grow totally different lol Never a dull moment with these plants! I know that sometimes Grower’s tend to overthink or overcare for their plants and yes there is such a thing lol

2 Likes

No doubt about that. I way over cared for my last grow. Basically on cruise control this time. They are just plants after all. Let them do their thing without interfering and the results speak for themselves. Can’t wait to see what kinda buds they grow.

2 Likes

Your plants are def. primed and ready for the stretch and to be honest with you the extra N will help them with the stretch also so I don’t think you will be disappointed and I see Fat Nugs in your future with that new light for sure!

2 Likes

The 350R is definitely a beast of a light in a 3x3. I don’t see how I’ll ever need to be at full power. The intensity is just ridiculous. No doubt that i won’t have any weak spots in the tent

2 Likes

What are the power recommendations for flower with that light?

1 Like

Lol it’s such a new item that hlg couldn’t even give me recommendations. Said to start somewhere around 30% and work up. Even at 30 percent that was almost too much light after 16 hours. The last 2 they would really stress out. So I’m running almost as low as it will dim without turning on a 16 hour day instead of 18. Thinking I’ll fall back to a 14 hour day this week to help start the stretch but not all at once

2 Likes

That is a good problem to have lmao what do they say that the flowering footprint is on it? You may never have to turn it all the way up tbh but during flowering you are going to get some dense flowers with that kind of power for sure! I have been trying to look at different lights but I decided I am going to build my own because I can save money and design it for my specs/area

1 Like

It said 3x5 flowering footprint but I think that’s under estimated. This light is BRIGHT!! My thought when i bought the 350R was that I wanted to make sure I had plenty of coverage without spending nearly a thousand bucks

1 Like

Hey @Hellraiser…what do you think causes all my plants to be extra sensitive to nitrogen? Any time I’ve tried giving any my plants get dark green… I’ve not given any in two weeks and the picture is from this morning. No yellowing and beautiful green new growth. I’m not panicking or anything just looking for opinions. Most I’ve tried giving was 3ml of grow big in a gallon ph 6.45 that actually burned the tips a little, I’m growing in FFHF .

2 Likes

Probably still have too many nutes lingering in the FFHF (or got a hot bag of it) so anytime you add any nitro, it’s enough to just take it over the edge. Plants look great.

2 Likes

Thanks. Makes sense. I’ll keep updating how much nitrogen I have to end up using. Can’t wait to see them flower

1 Like

For some reason i can not for the life of me keep my plants praying to the light. They aren’t droopy but they aren’t as perky as I would like either. Maybe it’s time to up my light power. Running my hlg 350R at 25 percent right now. Anyone have any ideas? @Covertgrower @GreenFlex @Hellraiser y’all tag anyone else who you might think could help. Maybe I’m expecting to much? Being a precision machinist leaves little room for imperfection in the parts of my life outside work.

1 Like

I’m not sure how to make them pray to the light, I probably always have my lighting turned up too much. Lol.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think anyone really knows how it make it happen on demand. I notice that it happens pretty consistently when I start flowering with the nute change and increase of light. In veg, sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. Just need to keep them as healthy as possible and avoid over or under watering to keep them in the zone.

2 Likes

So I’m not crazy lol. It’s just an extremely delicate balance of happiness. Kinda like some women haha. I’ll quit worrying about it so much unless they aren’t looking so good when i go to flower.

1 Like

That’s been my problem. Yesterday i ended up having it too low. My new light has notches that are approximate to 10% I’m assuming as it has 10 of them. Although the last 2 the brightness changes very little. I’m in the 3rd notch now which actually comes to about 40% of the 350 watts my driver can put out

Ya I tried Beastie Bloomz and it burned the crap outta my girls. I’m on a 2 week water only so I think they will be ok.

I’ve decided to use the less is more theory this time. I have not used beastie blooms before, but I feel like stuff like those extremely high NPK nutes are for those GIANT plants like @Cannabian grows. Although I don’t think he uses it. My plants are still tiny in comparison but filling out well in my one meter tent.

gave these ladies 2ml of FF grow big this morning and this is the first nutes I’m giving in 3 weeks. Also dropped to 14 hrs of light yesterday in hopes of seeing some pre flowers soon. @rookiegrower

1 Like

Nope! Lol :laughing: I don’t use that! Im sure itll work just fine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t use it myself but it seems like a crazy high P and K supplement. on the package it shows something like 0-50-30 that’s some powerful stuff!!! With that ratio, if I were using it i would start with no more than 1/4 recommended dosage. But I’m not into all that extra supplement stuff. When the first person blazed up i can bet good money that the plant didn’t get FF OR AN or JACKS nutes. It’s a naturally occurring plant that will naturally occur in your tent if you let it. Try to make it to more than capable and they will lay down and die. The most intrusive thing I’ve done to my plants this round including nutes has to be the defoliation I’ve been doing weekly. Trying to fill those last few gaps before going to 12/12