Growing autos with photoperiod plants

Can i grow my autoflower in the same tent as my photoperiod plants?

2 Likes

@Eagergrower. Absolutely yes you can.
Just switch the lights for your photos when it’s time and the autos will continue to grow right along with them.
:v:

4 Likes

That would be a common practice for me,
I can get a couple of autos out a few weeks early and give room for a couple photos to really explode.

7 Likes

Uh huh. :wink:. What he said. :joy::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

1 Like

Okay cool thank you, JUST moved it into the tent!

2 Likes

i wish i started them at the same time!

2 Likes

The girl on the left with lighter green leaves is a photo the rest her auto sisters. All will finish at different times lol.

5 Likes

Whats going on with the plant on the lower right ?

Finishing at different times isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It means you won’t have to trim all of them at the same time. You’ll probably be glad for that.

5 Likes

A mate tried to grow it in a window. I got it off him about 3 weeks ago after it had flowered and giving it some love. Getting a nice little nug or 2. Gelato auto

1 Like

Interesting! Iv seen pictures in a grow book of people taking a branch like that and they sent it back into veg.

Yeah i dont have to worry about them finishing at the same time lol

2 Likes

Here’s a couple of pictures of two plants that I did that with :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I thought i could grow sour diesel autos in the same room as my photo blue dream. When I switched the lights for my blue dream, the autos all started flowering instantly (about two weeks early in my opinion. Very small plants). And on top of that one of the sour diesel hermied after the switch. All ILGM seeds. I don’t know that I would do it again unless I had an auto plant further along than my photo.

1 Like

Anyone on here have any recommendations on what i should do with my zkittles auto as far as Topping. Lst. Or just leaving her be!?

You can LST up to and into flowering. Low stress being the key word. I’ve topped autos early in veg. I’ll tag @Nicky and @Not2SureYet they will be able to give you better advice about topping autos

4 Likes

Top autos early before 2 nd week of pistil explision

3 Likes

Mine get topped shortly before they start to flower. You will notice the top of the plant starting to turn a brighter green. That is when I top mine. It looks like you are in soil. So when you top yours will matter. Both the Zkittles autos I did stretched a lot. They were short to start. And tall when finished.
@Eagergrower, you can clone photos, like I believe you are thinking of. but not autos. :grin:
@Bulldognuts can probably help you better here since I am in coco. Autos react a lot different in it as to soil.

3 Likes

I’ve only grown autos a couple of times. I just didn’t want to give bad advice. I was obviously confident about LST, just wasn’t sure about topping autos and when you should. :+1:

2 Likes

Side by side.
Front left: Pink Panther (photo)
Front right: Original Skunk (auto)

3 Likes