Growing autos outdoors

Just wondering if i can start my autos indoors and finished outside. I just moved to Tennessee and I’m not sure when is a good time to grow these babies

4 Likes

Autos usually start to flower in 3-5 weeks. Since they don’t care about light schedules, but you still want a lot, you could start them at like, beginning of May, and put them out beginning of June when sun has longer hours.

6 Likes

Like @Borderryan22 said. My wife had one she started indoors and planted out side. She would put it outside everyday for an hour or so to Harding it off before leaving it outside all the time. But I wound up in the hospital so she lost it from lack of water and bugs.

6 Likes

I live in PA on the east coast and I have started some of mine indoors and moved them out and in until chance of frost is gone… If indoor start I do that in April,

2 Likes

Yes, I forgot about think, good call! And sorry for your hospital stay. Hope all turned out ok.

3 Likes

Thank you yes it did, that was 2 years ago.

3 Likes

I put a sick auto outside and left it there.
Within a week is was fully recovered and hardened off

3 Likes

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks for the info

Welcome back , I am in a neighboring state I don’t never put anything outside before mid may. Frost will kill small plants.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info

2 Likes

Highs in the 70s this week lows in the 40s. Central CA

1 Like

Bring them inside at night if it’s too cold; in that case, of course in that type of setup then leave them in regular grow bags.

Being new to the area I would some basic research into the area’s historical weather data, temps, etc.
I like this site for seasonal light hours

3 Likes

Thank you for the information

1 Like

@Bluntsmoke We still have a few weeks of Winter left in the Blue Ridge mountains. I’m a little familiar with CA. Whether . I have family in the suburbs of Los Angeles agoura hills , an also in Humboldt County. South an north CA.
Happy growing my friend ! :v:

3 Likes

@kellydans I never been up to Humboldt county. Hell I’ve never been north of Sacramento. Never been to augora hills either but know where it’s at and passed by. Small world

2 Likes

Definitely a small world, l Got acquainted with @Blackmoon on here Who lives in New Zealand After mentioning Blue Ridge mountains found out he lived within 10 miles of me at one time .

2 Likes

I remember that @kellydans
I once went to a workshop for a week at the start you get up share a bit about yourself.
I mentioned were i was born in that process and later this guy comes up to me and says i was born there too.
We keep talking and turns out we lived in the same area went to the same school our sisters didnt get on and at the age of 8 we were i the same class at the age of 12 he was the bell monitor sounding the bell that ended lunch timend also ended my time facing the headmasters wall and start the process of getting cained.
This happed a lot i was a naughty boy in school.
Not really just not understood back then.
This work shop was when i was 33 in 1994 and neither of us where born or went to school in nz
Small world alright
Turns out his partner and my now wife were also good friends.

1 Like