Growing and guitars

Some of my favorite items I’ve scored at garage sales, big fan of em myself.

I know you’re into Dave Gilmour and PF, I am always in awe when I listen to him, totally different style than Pete’s, they’re actually good friends and Dave has even toured w him on some solo albums.
He’s one of those guys all you need to hear is one note and Bam! you know who it is. :sunglasses: :+1: :v:

4 Likes

One of my favorite :

5 Likes

Me this morning :laughing:

6 Likes

This lady’s got some serious groove :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Yep! Likes it👍.

2 Likes

For all of you that loves the Guitars and music in general go and check out truefire (dot) com. They have an amazing Rocktoberfest giveaway going on… (it’s also where the Amazing Tommy Emmanuel teaches…)

They have nothing associated with cannabis so this link should be okay :

Please @Myfriendis410, @Covertgrower or @dbrn32, could you tell me if this link is allowed please… Otherwise I’ll take it down right away!

Thanks and good luck everybody…

4 Likes

I don’t see any problem with it. In the future you should probably ask latewood though.

3 Likes

Understood! Thank you. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Like the pink :guitar:… bought one for my granddaughter last yr… Fender. Tiny one actually I liked playing on it sounds good for what it is :grimacing:

1 Like

i just looked thru 200 lines and had missed quite a bit. didn’t see any of this guy on here and he was one of my favorites as a young teen. i started my music playing bass in an orchestra

7 Likes

One of my favourite songs I sing it to the grandkids when we are rocking in Nana’s truck. Lol.
And who am I kidding too the plants too

2 Likes

I have inherited my father Saga II electric guitar and my Mothers lap steel guitar. amps cords foot pedal Neither of them ever would teach me anything and now they are both gone. Where do I begin?

3 Likes

You may want to give this website a look then:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :guitar:

5 Likes

This looks like a great thread for me to jump into! :rofl:

In a previous life, in the late 70s and 80s I owned a vintage guitar store in Hollywood, CA in the guitar/music district on Sunset Blvd between LaBrea and Fairfax. Just about a block from where the original Sunset Grill was. Guitar Center didn’t exist there back then.

I moved to Japan for 5 years where I continued selling vintage guitars to the largest music instrument dealer in Japan.

Unfortunately I didn’t keep many guitars, but have a couple. I’m really a bass player, so this is the one bass I kept, it’s my favorite out of hundreds of Fender basses, this one just sounds great and plays great. Everything is 1959 except the body, which is a 1963. All the pickups and pick guard is all original. I bought the bass from a guy who carved the body up into an eagle. That was common in the 60s and 70s for some odd reason… :roll_eyes:

I mostly play upright bass when I play, and my upright is a much nicer instrument, but this old Fender is probably worth more.

I also have an old Guild Mk. II nylon string guitar. I bought this new back in 1977, the year after I graduated high school. I recently had the saddle repaired at Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto, Frank Ford is a pretty good friend of mine. This is a pic I sent him when I took it in.

I wanted to start playing guitar during the pandemic, so when I opened it and saw the broken saddle and strings, I knew my wife probably let some of her friends kids play it and of course they tuned it up to high…oh well…

Now we get to the shameful part…as I was taking the Guild in to get the saddle repaired, I spotted a 2011 Bourgeois OMC Custom. This is a fairly expensive acoustic guitar on today’s market. I don’t know how much they cost back in 2011, but I have always wanted an old Martin. I kind of pictured myself in my retirement sitting on the porch with a 30-30 leaning against the log home I’m building, while playing some acoustic…so I bought it. Italian Bearclaw Sitka Spruce, Figured Mahogany back/sides, ebony fretboard, zirocote binding. I still kind of remorse thinking I should have held back for an old Martin, but this guitar stays in tune amazingly, I have left it in the case for several weeks and it was still in tune when I took it out, according to an electric tuner. I’ve learned a few songs during the pandemic, Blackbird, Wish You Were Here, some Cat Stevens, Paul Simon, et al…

Just a tad of white widow and I can go into the zone…

8 Likes

White widow in the tent 2 wks from flip maybe it will help me learn :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

I would think it would help you learn, I attribute most of my knowledge for the past few years to white widow… :smirk:

As a bonus my playing sounds better to me. Of course it’s worse, but it sounds better. :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip

2 Likes

Can you tell me anything about this it was my moms it hasn’t been played in over 30 years she became ill and forgot how to play. I have a picture of her playing it in a band live in a radio station studio when she was in her early 20s

Agnes was my mother name so now it’s the guitars name

6 Likes

@elheffe702 might know a lot more than me about this… :thinking:

1 Like

That looks like a lap steel, but I don’t see any name. A lap steel is usually played on one’s lap using a slide and picking and sliding the notes. Hard to see any details in the pics, but the tuners look like decent quality tuners. Was your Mom sitting and playing on her lap, or did she have this on a stand? Some musicians did that. The first electric lap steel was a Rickenbacher fry pan, named aptly after the shape of the body, in 1939. Was about 11 years later for guitar. Some Dobro models are played on one’s lap.

It’s a very cool looking instrument, and because it was your Mom’s is even that much better. You should have it hanging on your wall so people can see it.

3 Likes