Growing again, or at least I am trying to!

Happy Thanksgiving, plants look good.

Thanks Cody, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours man! Me and Betty are going to enjoy the holiday season. I got some molasses to give her a nice tea to sip on during the holidays. Be safe and 250 ft above sea level, lol. Talk to you soon Cody!!

Happy to see you and Betty in such a great mood! Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving my friend and thank you for the entertainment song thread!

Have a great day!

3 Likes

I will have that song for all of you in a couple of hours.

1 Like

Happy Thanks Giving @patchman and all my ILGM friends! :turkey:

2 Likes

@patchman Thank you! Sheā€™s looking fiiiine haha

1 Like

Hello @patchman,
Great to see betty doing so well mate. I really like to idea of your soil mix as well man. I am also doing this with my outdoor grow and its working a treat for me. Also using cloth 10gallon pots and this is my first time using them and wow, they are magic stuff.
Happy Thanks Giving mate and to all my fellow growers. My wife is from Ohio and we are going to chow down on weekend :yum:
I just love watching other fellow growers, and picking up tips along the journey. Amazing how fast these girls can grow. I have 2 Gold leaf, 2 Afghan, 1 Maui wowie, 1 White widow, and 1 Purple haze growing outdoors.

I just love this time of the year in Victoria, Australia. Great for growing outdoors.
Keep up the magic stuff and be safe and happy.
Happy Growing

8 Likes

:point_up:A fellow Aussie for ya @anon33684698 :wink:
(Hope you donā€™t mind, Patch. x)

4 Likes

Hey thanks CJ! Hi @flyinghigh Iā€™m in hot and sunny QLD :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @anon33684698 another grower from your side is @Budz420 :sunglasses:

4 Likes

BStarr,
@flyinghigh and I go back to earlier this year and he is a kind and gentle soul. Heā€™s now on his 2nd or 3rd grow. I am glad to hear from you Mr High, and was going to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. BStarr if you are a friend of CJā€™s you are certainly a friend of mine. You guys are almost like family, as I donā€™t have many members left. I take care of my 81 year old mom. Dad, grandparents and some Uncles are all gone. But I am thankful. We do what we can and put one foot in front of the other. Enjoy your turkey day BStarr, flying high, CJ, Se7en, Hellraiser, Budbrother, Miss Universe, T, Cody, Kaptain3d, Cannabian, Enlightened420, and all the rest of my brothers and sisters in weed. Peaceā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m feeling the same way! Everyone has been so damn courteous and kind on here! There is simply zero way Iā€™d have my babies looking as nice as they do now without this site! May I invite you guys to my journal at all please?

3 Likes

Peace my musically inclined friend!
And the Happiest of Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!
:peace_symbol: :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Absolutely! Just tag us the next time your on your forum. Good deal!! Peaceā€¦

4 Likes

CJ- I dont mind. You feel free to post whatever youā€™d like to on my forum or the music forum. You are apart of my weed family, and that comes with certain rights!!

4 Likes

Patchy you are just the kindest soul! Iā€™ll happily be part of your extended family!
I know what you mean, people be dropping like flies! Just found out my cousin hanged himself last weekā€¦ :worried: sad times for us. But on to more happier things, everyone on here is just amazing and I genuinely couldnā€™t be happier that I found this forum. I could have joined any forum but this one seems to call out to a certain type of person/people and we all seem very like-minded.
Love my weed famalam! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

@garrigan62 has a lot of info on compost teas

Question on compost teas! - #3 by garrigan62

@Budbrother also has some good recipes. I use the one he gave me for my girls in flower, his flower specific tea

6 Likes

A good day out there to everyone! I hope everybody is good. Just another update on the short and sweet Betty. As she has always done, Betty continues to be green and healthy. Exhibit #1.

She is budding up and going at her own pace. She will be 6 weeks on Monday.

I am pretty comfortable with a new watering style and am going to give her some molasses tea in a couple of days. I sprinkled little mushroom compost on the soil for the worms, and they apparently said thanks. There are a few worm holes that were not there earlier. I think I messed the pictures up. One is a bud shot, one side view of the whole plant, and one picture looking down from above.

I am going to be giving her some nutrients in the coming weeks. A little bone meal, some potassium, and make sure there arenā€™t any cal mag problems. Another update in a day or two. Peaceā€¦

9 Likes

Hey out there in the garden-
Howā€™s everybody today. I looked in my last post and realized I did not use a good picture from above the plant looking down on it. Well I looked at it again from above and decided to do a little training. First, this is what she looks like.

While I was misting their morning dew I noticed something flying around it. I couldnā€™t catch it. So, a sprinkle of diamataceous earth will hopefully take care of that. That stuff is good for more than just insects. And its approved for cannabis farms in Colorado. Hereā€™s the ā€œbeachā€ I made for my girl!!

And lastly, when I looked at the above picture, I thought some minor adjustments could be made that will help in the long run. Since we are starting to bud I turned the light up to the highest level. It is at 18". Now, the outlying branches that were lower on the plant got a little ā€œpick me up.ā€ I took what we call pipe cleaners (foot long for a dollar a pack at dollar general) and secured the branches to the trunk with some tension. This has gotten them a lot closer to the canopy.

The first one (above) is before on yesterday.

So that wraps it up for today. I will try to get a good picture of the main cola that is starting to form on Bettyā€™s trunk. That could be something sweet. Have a great grow in your gardens! Peaceā€¦

6 Likes

Hey everybody-
I hope all is well for our weed growers out there. I checked on Betty and she needs watering, so I am going to give her some molasses tea. Just to give her a boost. Most of you already know this, but for the ones who donā€™t, when you are making your molasses tea it helps if you get a cup of hot water (NOT boiling). And put the required amount of molasses into the hot water and stir it up. It dissolves so much easier. Ok, thats pretty much it. Have a great day and I will update with pictures a couple of days after this ā€œfeed.ā€ Peaceā€¦

4 Likes