Growing Advice/Suggestions

My setup is thus:
32’‘X32’‘X63’’ Grow Tent
VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified Reflector Series V300 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
Mini Fan
Looking at getting:

VIVOSUN Air Filtration Kit: 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller

for exhaust and odor filtration and

VIVOSUN 5-Pack 3 Gallon Plant Grow Bags for the grow. Are those big enough?

Looking for suggestions on what size pots to get and what strains would be best to grow in this size tent. And any other suggestions on what i might need to add or amend for my setup. Looking to start a grow in the next 2-3 weeks.

1 Like

My 1 Cherrypie Plant setup:

• Tent L1200mm x D600mm x H1600mm
  • Mars II 900W Led
  • CFL 250W 6400K
  • CFL 250W 2700K
  • 5 gallon pot inside 20 gallon pot
  • 2 X 150mm Clip fans
  • Portable aircon with insulated ducting
  • Humidifier
  • Co2 bottle
  • Co2 gauge
  • 10 plug power board
  • 7 timers: 5 x 30min 2 x 5min
  • Garden snips
  • Light garden tie wire
  • Wire cutters
  • Carbon air filter with duct fan
  • 3 X empty foliar spay bottles
  • Clone box greenhouse
  • Clone Tent L1000mm x D600mm x H900mm
  • Dual T5 fluros 6400K
  • 450W Reflector Viperspectra LED
  • Temp gauge/humidifier gauge
  • Trellis
  • Chain & clips for light hanging
  • PH up, PH down
  • PPM reader
  • PH reader
  • Large & small watering container
  • potting mix, Perlite, Vermiculite, coco coir, peat moss.
  • Seaweed extract
  • 3 part nutrients

The small things make a huge difference

2 Likes

3 gallon pots are great for autos
5-7 gallon pots for photos

3 Likes

@blaqmajic
Had you asked before buying the 32x32x63 tent…I would have suggested a 4x4x63 tent.
With a 4x4 as many as 6 ----5 gallon pots can be inside. If the plants are slender profile.
If you do LST or SCROG …3 maybe 4 will fit. The vertical height is perfect for small home grows.
I would suggest you buy a fan, speed control and ducting. Got all three on Amazon for $40.
GROWNEER 6 Inch 240 CFM ----this is the fan. It’s black and $5 less than the shiny ones.

With the 32" tent…choose slender profile strains and 5 gallon pots. 3 gallon will work with auto’s.
CRITICAL to have a PH n PPM Meter set. $20 online everywhere. I would suggest this as the FIRST thing to buy for a newbie. I keep a spare to be sure I don’t loose a crop.

1 Like

Have you decided on a strain and nutes?

I had actually bought the Gold Leaf and Beginners Mix Pack seeds from here a little while ago. Just havent had the chance to plant them yet.

2 Likes

Good choices. Keep us posted.

1 Like

You can definitely grow plants in 3 gallon fabric pots, even if they are photoperiod. It is all going to depend on how long you veg them for. :v:

5 Likes

I see they have a combo on amazon, fan, ductwork, control and filter for 119. i might actually look into the 4x4x63 though i know ill have to buy some more lighting if i do that im sure.

I checked and the 6" fan I purchased is no longer available. There are two pages of other 6" duct fans starting around $20. Same time purchased was a Growneer speed control $12… 16’ of 6" of Vegelumax ducting for $12. I shopped for sales n clearances…
Look around enough and something will be offered.

Lights, growing media and nutes are the essential items that must be high quality to function and produce a healthy beneficial harvest.

See what we dun tell ya at first…you find out only when it’s too late.

“Once you grow, you dun go back” :cowboy_hat_face::vulcan_salute::v:

Really don’t see need to spend $119…basically same for less than half that is available.

forgot to ask…are you in a not “Free State” American state? I ask because lucky Free Staters don’t really have to worry about smell issues. subsequently…the need for a carbon filter is a non-essential cosmetic thing.

1 Like

This is my current set up as is.

1 Like

Looks like a good tent. Only issue I see is the vertical space and possible crowding.
However, indicas will work best. Keep in mind a 12/12 flip will induce a stretch

I might just go ahead and got the the 4x4 tent, though my only concern at that point is having to buy another light. I mean its not a big deal and i will if it comes to it. I really would like to grow some sativas as well.

And i am not in a free state, they are working on it. I did a grow once before and i could not have anyone over for a few months because of the smell lol.

How about making your own soil.?

Soil Recipe to be mixed with 1 to 1/1/2 cu ft of base soil

.3125 lb or 5 oz Fishbone Meal 3-16-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Steamed Bone Meal 2-14-0

.625 lb or 10 oz Bat Guano 0-7-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Blood Meal 13-0-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Feather Meal 12-0-0

.375 lb or 6 oz Colloidal Rock Phosphate 0-3-0

1 tbsp Potassium Sulfate 0-0-53

1 tbsp Souluble Kelp Powder 0-0-17

1 tbsp Mycorrhizal Fungi (300 spores per gram)

3/4 tsp Powdered Humic Acid (90 % pure)

1 1/2 tbsp Epsom Salt

1tbsp Sweet Lime (Dolomite)

1 tbsp Asomite (Trace Elements)

6.25 lbs Worm Castings

2 Likes

You’ll be fine with the height of your tent. I have a few just like it and controlling the height is easy enough with some training techniques :v:

I ran 2 successful grows in a 32x32. If you top and lst your plants, height shouldn’t be an issue. Lighting, however, will be. That Vipar only draws 130w. You’ll need more light. I ran 570w in mine and grew nice buds.

2 Likes

Wise is the Grower in a Non-Free State who tells no one, has no visitors and is careful.

A charcoal filter would be a very good idea. Suggest you mount the fans and filter outside the tent to keep inside growing space to a maximum.

1 Like

WOW. That is a heck of a mix lol but sounds like it would provide some incredible nutes to the plant. That is something else ive been deciding on. Just going with some soil like the Fox Farms or doing my own mix.