Grow Tents...What Ya' Got?

Thanks for the tag ! I have a 4 x 4 tent name brand high top. Also a 3x3 I set up occasionally when needed for drying. My tents has been assembled many times they only stay up when in use. I have had no trouble out of them. Zippers or pucker strings.

2 Likes

Yes, I found them two days ago…out of stock in three places. They do look promising. Looks like another vote for Gorilla.

@IP54 i have only had Vivosun so i can’t speak much to the others. What i normally do is look at the reviews on amazon. if you read between the lines you can most of the time figure out why the person gave them the score they did. but, that is what i have done when it comes to tents. I don’t know if there is one perfect tent, i think it really comes down to your personal experience. I have seen several here say that Vivosun is crap they will not buy another one, but i have had nothing but good experience and would recommend it to anyone. i think that when it comes to purchasing things we can all have different experiences that will either be positive or negative and will impact how we purchase the same item again in the future. Good luck, and thanks for the tag.

1 Like

@IP54 i use a 4x4 agromax tent and a 2x4 urban farmer tent. The agromax i have used for the past 4 or so years with no problems. Same for the urban farmer only problem with it is i poked a hole in the floor with trimmers, i patched it no problem

1 Like

I have an old Vivosun 4x4 and just bought a new one. The only thing that really separated their tents from any other brand to me was they had great zippers. For the new 4x4. They re designed it and made it easier to set up. They also went with cheaper zippers. I have only had the tent for about a month or so. The zipper is ok, but you can tell no where near the quality of the old ones. This one gets stuck now and then. What I see is the material the zipper is made from is now pretty flimsy. So easily folded into the zipper track to get stuck.
My opinion right now is this tent is now on par with any other low cost tent. Just my 02

2 Likes

Mine our hydro crunch
4by4by7 is my flowering tent
And 5by5by7 veg tent

4by4 came with a 600w hps and exhaust fan and carbon filter with ducking for about 400 off ebay digital_grow
Was the seller I got my 5by5 that came with 1000 hps but it turns down to 400 or 600 so I use the 600 w setting came with exhaust fan and filter as well for about 500 both tent came with 2 bubls veg m/h - flower hps
I have had them for about 2 years seems to work good for me I un zip them about 5 times a day or more
And can’t beat the price
With two tent system you can veg while you flower keep a rotation going another pro is you can grow auto in your veg tent

2 Likes

This is my drying tent

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this as I’ve been researching like no tomorrow. I think I’ve decided on the MarsHydro one. I think they have a 27×27×60.

2 Likes

I’d like to thank all who answered with their input and experiences with their tents. I’ve checked out each and every one of them. I definitely want a 2x4 that is at least 60" tall as this will be my Auto growing tent. When doing the research, all I had to do was read 3 or 4 reviews about bad zippers and I was back in zipper crazy mode. I stayed away from 5, 2 and 1 star reviews and concentrated on the 3 & 4 star reviews mostly.

The most intriguing was the AgroMax 2x4 that was 78 1/2" tall suggested by @Skydiver …a perfect size. HTG Supply was out of them but they had them for sale on Amazon. There weren’t very many reviews out there on them in any size…but Skydiver seemed like a very knowledgeable person when describing them. When I factored in the $180 for the tent and $32 for shipping on Amazon, I was within 5 bucks of a Gorilla 2x4 shorty sold at Grow Ace. If everyone uses Gorilla as the high end measuring stick, I think I would lean in that direction too at those numbers. Plus I could add another 2 feet to the Shorty if I decided I wanted to try my hand at growing a photo down the road…but wouldn’t have to do that with the AgroMax.

Vivosun is out of the running. I read too many reviews and spoken to too many dealers saying they’ve seen a degradation in the quality of their products over the last 3-4 years. Then I just noticed they raised the prices of their tents on Amazon $10 to $20 each…LOL.

My plan is to see what happens price-wise on Black Friday and place an order then since I’m playing with fire with the tent I have. The zipper got stuck over the weekend and I was a hair away from taking a sheetrock knife to it. I took my time and wiggled the sh*t out of it for about 10 minutes and finally got it to open again.

Thanks again everyone!

3 Likes

For that much. I would be looking at the 60x30x 80 tent. That is way to much for a 2x4 tent, or I think it is. I would be looking at some thing more like this if you had the room, if you are going to do autos. You definitely want as tall of a tent as you can get. :grin: I have a 2x4 that is only 72" tall. I am hoping I can squeeze a Big bud auto in it. It is going to be close :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There’s also a size constraint in my spare bedroom/cigar room next to the 2x2 nursery tent. :rofl:

Honestly, I’m over paying for the zipper.

1 Like

I’m using a Cool Grows branded 2x2x4 that has been great for over a year and a Gorilla Grows 4x4 that is damn near bullet proof.

Since getting the Cool Grows I’ve gone back and read recent reviews (Amazon) and they seem to be a crap shoot now. Guess I got lucky!

2 Likes

I hear ya…crap shoot at best from all the reading I did about tents in the $80 to $120 range. I have the Vivosun 2x2x48" and it’s great…which makes me think based on your experience and a bunch of other reviews I read about having a 2x2 tent, is it easier to sew in a zipper in a smaller tent? Got me, man…

For $80 why wast time sowing a zipper on just by a new tent sell your buddy a quarter and there your :moneybag:

1 Like