Grow tent running hot

I definitely agree, it’s likely the Restriction, you should be okay with 4", 6" is always better of course but you should be okay but it’s that initial restriction …maybe you can find some other kind of a filter that’s less restrictive ? I think that would take care of your issue

Edit: and putting the fan outside might help and advice about the humidifier sounds good too

• best of luck
1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. But my dehumidifier isn’t on. Just in there in case I need it. My humidity levels are comfortable. Just the temp I’m having issues with.

Wouldn’t that cause issues during the dark periods? I’m running my lights at night so my dark periods are during the day. The last thing I want is my flowering to go back into veg mode.

If you’re 12 / 12 you can’t go back. I didn’t catch what your room temperature was ?

If I recall you said you were having 82 degrees and that’s not drastic, by the way

My thought exactly, but he was suggesting opening the doors of the tent to have an external fan blowing air into it. I would imagine that would be problematic during my dark periods. I’ve heard of flowers going back into vegging because of the lights they were exposed to. That’s comforting to hear, my goal is to get it down to at least 78 with the lights on.

You can’t have any light during the 12 hour dark period …zero light

Have you sorted the air flow. I create air flow in every set up i have. Use a joint or cigarette and watch the flow of the smoke. Play around with position of plants fans etc. Everything you move or change can seriously change the way the air flows.
In my tent i have a fan and it blows my fresh intake air in a circular motion around my plants and the exaust fan pulls the flow out.
Its crucial that the air leaving tent cant be sucked back into the intake air. This air is hot stail and useless.

1 Like

I would remove the pre filter and add a UV light system to kill mold spores. This way there is no restriction of your supply air. You will have to add some turns in your duct work to block the UV light from reaching your plants. You don’t want it shinning on your plants while in dark period lol. Also check your supply air temps. You can only cool to the temp of your supply air. I do HVAC for living. Feel free to ask me anything related to HVAC. I personally have a 4ft by 4ft by 7ft tall tent with an 8in 600cfm inline fan duct to my attic. Supply air come from the room it’s in.

2 Likes

Hey @Savingpvtviper just curious over here, do you know what is in the air that is being exhausted from a dryer unit? At the moment my dryers exhaust duct is blowing the exhausted air from the dryer directly into the basement. I got some more ducting and the correct fixtures to connect it to a wall vent and exhaust the air outside. I’m going to fix the problem. But I was just curious about what that air has in it, other than heat and humidity lol.
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

@ktreez420 is it a gas or electric dryer…

:v::sunglasses:

Hopefully it’s not gas or else your venting carbon monoxide in the basement. If it’s electric then it should just be heat and humidity but also fragrance from the washing detergent and a little lint. A dryer draws it’s supply air from wherever the dryer is located. Keep in mind if you left clothes in the washer over night or something to that effect and dry them without washing again there is a chance for mold to be exhausted. @ktreez420

If I’m not mistaken @Savingpvtviper , @ktreez420 mind is at work and he might b thinking of venting that carbon monoxide to the ladies… :smiling_imp: … Was I right @ktreez420:smirk:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

You don’t want to do that I was overcome by carbon monoxide once many years ago and you go out just like turning off a light switch and you will die …please don’t do that

1 Like

Carbon monoxide is no joke! It’s colorless and odorless and enough exposure will kill you. Like @Paranorman said you’ll go to sleep and never wake up. It’s carbon dioxide that plants like. @peachfuzz

1 Like

It’s just an electric dryer, but I was thinking that it was producing CO2 or something else possibly. Thanks for clearing that up for me guys! @Savingpvtviper @peachfuzz @Paranorman

2 Likes

Later on I got to thinking and figured that was what you where asking. But na, its the same air mixture as what’s in your house. Does a co2 generator produce a higher yield? With all the global warming going on, you’d think there’d be plenty of co2 lol.

2 Likes

I personally NEVER use CO2, never have and don’t plan on adding it to my grows either. I know it’s recommended for veg, but it just seems like another way to possibly mess up the plants. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

2 Likes

I used the simple method of water , yeast , and sugar and it works great for my small space and it gives my scroggs that much needed boost to pack on more wieght .

5 Likes

I used the same thing Yoshi and it worked great :thumbsup: …just make sure they run the line to the ceiling so it can drip down on the plants!

The gro bro CO2 bucket is what I used and it works great .