Grow tent in CA garage

I want to grow using a grow tent in my garage. 2’x4’x5’ for a couple plants with LED lighting. I plan to use an exhaust fan with carbon filter. Also plan using a fan in the tent to circulate air.
My garage can get in the 90’s during summer.
How can I regulate the tent air temp 75-80? Use external AC and pump in cool air?

2 Likes

Welcome aboard and dont mind if I follow you sounds like the set up I would get. Also for the exhaust and fan i keep reading infinity the brand to go with

2 Likes

I bought a window mount AC unit and stuck it just outside the tent blowing in on of the tent vents. I made a makeshift cardboard funnel to keep the air going into the tent and not into the outside space. But I also had an Inkbird temp and humidity controller so it would keep it at the desired temp.

I’m sure others have ideas as well.

2 Likes

Portable air conditioners can also work. If you go that route, then be sure to exhaust the AC outside of your garage. Portable AC units can put off quite a bit of heat.

2 Likes

If you house is air conditioned is is there away to pull air from inside your house

2 Likes

All great advice IMO, just keep that garage the same temps as you want your grow conditions to be and you’ll be set! I miss SoCal…