Grow tent equipment

Ok so this grow tent idea is new to me. I am growing veg in bathroom and flower in garage right now. I have the 2 260xl leds coming and I figure they will be good for the 4’x4’x80" grow tent.

I have an active air 6" inline duct fan. I also have a 6"x 8" intake charcol filter. The filter is designed for use in the intake of the room but wondering if I can use on the exhaust side?

I can set the tent in a bedroom if needed but would be much, much easier in the garage. I have a small ac in the garage for summertime I could use.

So what do I need to set it up properly for air movement? I can put a rheostat on the fan for control I believe and using vents in tent for aiflow.

Or I can just save all the money and keep it as is in the corner of the garage with a 4’x 7" footprint!

1 Like

Carbon filter for smell on the exhaust side running with a fan 24/7. Pulling air from anywhere good at that time of year" Outside winter then let it pull some AC from room for summer"
I have filtered air coming in from outside into tent being vented out the carbon filter back outside
I would get a flower tent just for the 12/12 light cycle then grow 18/6 anywhere you have room

If you have a home center nearby I would suggest encapsulating the space in your garage and simply using that space. 1" rigid styrofoam is cheap and easy to work with: a straight edge, Sharpie and a utility knife. All joints are taped with silvered mylar tape. Then you have all of the room you need.

I built a “box” in my garage and prefer it over a tent. It’s almost impossible to find a decent price for a 4 X 6 tent but I made mine out of styrofoam. Plus I have double swing out doors and the lights compose the roof of the space. So excess heat is automatically rejected.

Oscillating fans are good, there are thermostats you can buy for individual appliances too that are cheap and effective.

2 Likes

got any pics.?

1 Like

if the garage gets 12 hrs of darkness there’s no need for a tent.!
the 2x HLG 260 XL’s will only cover a 4x4 area in flower tho.
3 of them might cover your 4x7 pretty good.!

Running 3 diy lights: 10 each Gen 1 Bridgelux EB strips per panel at 240 watts peak per panel X3. Currently turned down to 50%.

RDWC, 15 gallon working volume, 15 gallon reservoir

6 Likes

@SlowOldGuy I have a 1000w hps double ended and a regular bulb 1000w hps so I can add 1 to the 2 260xl’s if I go 4’ x 7’.

@Myfriendis410 Nice build, looks awesome. I could do that for sure. I think I can keep it dark inside the garage so I will have to slow down and check a few things before deciding which way to go.

3 Likes

I found a Gorilla 4x4 lite for $208. Yes, I am still debating the grow tent :thinking:. I think I may try one just to see if I can grow in the house in the summer when it it 115° outside. I would also be curious if it gives better yields than an open area growing. Open area is in a corner. I will probably buy the $100 one but still in the air as the $200 Gorilla allows height addition If needed. That is the only benefit I can see in the tents.
I have a 600w hps with vented reflector. Would it work in a 4x4 tent if used as a veg tent? It may make the wife happier if I had the tent and gave her back the second bathroom :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If I did use in the house as a veg tent I would probably go with the Gorilla tent with an extension or two. I could use a small table/shelf to grow clones under with a smaller led or tube lights and grow the mothers on top with the 600w hps. or I could use one 260xl on bottom clones and one on top mothers, even less heat to deal with.

Thanks for listening to me talking outloud and for any suggestions or ideas you may have.