Grow tent and clip fan

Ok I have a veg tent and a flower tent and I was just wondering how everyone is adding a board or something to put clip on fans in there tents. I just tied a board in my flower tent but I’m thinking there is a better way

1 Like

Zip tie it to a tent pole, is what a lot of people do. If you’re using a board, be sure to screw the fan to the board, or use zip ties. Whatever you can do to keep the fan from falling on the plants. That’s happened too many times. @perry2

3 Likes

Ya I was worried about that also on of my fans has a very strong spring but is kind of wimpy

1 Like

I had the 2 clip on fans and got tired of battling them. Whenever you have them backed up to your tent wall they literally push no air. I went ahead and bout a 30 dollar tower fan and its the bomb.

1 Like

I thought of that also but my tents are not that big so a tower fan would take away grow area

How big is your area? In only in a 3x3 with 2 plants and im full to

1 Like

You can always turn the tower fan sideways on the wall and it works well also

1 Like

I’ve got a 32x32x60” veg and a 3x3x6’ flower tents

2 Likes

@TommyBahama turned me on to this fan and his method for securing it… linked below. He drills a few holes around the base and uses Paracord to hang it. I like this method, because I can use it now while I am deciding how/where I want to position the fans, and later, I can permanently affix them where I need them or engineer a more permanent way of changing the vertical placement… or not.

1 Like

My tent is also a 32x32x63. Here is a shot of my modified clip on fan. The clip on part wasn’t worth a flip so I cut that part off and zip tied it to the tent post. I have two fans in there. One above the plant and one below.
The white 1" x 3" in the middle holds my surge protector. It’s also ziptied to the top and bottom post.

3 Likes

I purchased a pelonis fan from Lowe’s, this looks like the same model, rebranded.

VIVOSUN 16 inch Wall Mount Oscillating Fan W/80 Degree Oscillation, 3 Speed Settings, Adjustable Tilt, Quiet Operation (ETL Certified, White)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716ZD2ZP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_h0d1Cb6DA3K0V

1 Like

@QST_59 Now that is a good idea. @HappyHydroGrower it’s not to close to the tent wall ?

1 Like

@Covertgrower I think that might be a to larger for the tents I have

1 Like

Not at all! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry to butt in but what I did was put a 2x2 inch board in the tent from the bottom of the tent to the top rail it also helps support the weight for the light, carbon filter fan etc.,and you can clip your fan to them

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JMWP8DV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

2 Likes

No please butt in Mr. ford I was looking for as much feed back as possible how did you attach the boards to the rails I’m seeing a lot of people are using zip ties

I didn’t even know they made these that’s great an oscillating fan and by the same people that made my tents

1 Like

I can se another advantage to putting the 2x2’s in like that I’m losing 4” of space in my tent with the filter running the sides of my tent are getting sucked in that much I think I’ll be adding furring strips just to get the extra space in the tent there 1x2

That will work also all I did was cut mine a little long and then just put a buffer pad on the bottom and the top so it wouldn’t mess up the floor or the top rail and just kind of wedged it underneath it lifted up the top rail and so far for a couple months it’s just stayed there hasn’t moved really helps support the weight of everything 2

1 Like