Grow Tent Advise PLS

Hi all, just starting winter here in Australia. Thinking of investing in a grow tent, hoping for good quality brands suggestions.

Cheers

1 Like

AC infinity and Gorilla are worth a look

1 Like

Marshydro and gorilla are great tents

1 Like

Mammoth are super sturdy. :grin:

1 Like

X2. But check the height, they seem to be a foot shorter than some. Not a problem if you mount your fan outside the tent.

1 Like

My 4x4x 80 says Zena on the tag wife has vivosun I’ve read complaints but we have not had any issues other than some pinholes that can be seen in the dark but since I lined the inside with mylar light leaks not an issue and only cost 80.00usd on Amazon. A little saved on the tent was spent on a better light.

1 Like

I have both a Mars Hydro and a Vivosun tent . . . both are okay for the $$ and my only complaint is the frame isn’t as heavy as I’d like on the 4x4 Vivosun. I run a HLG Scorpion rspec in the 4x4 and I ran lag eye bolts through the top of the tent into the joists above to stop the light from swinging around whenever I zipped or unzipped the tent. I kept imagining my light crashing down onto the girls if the poles gave out.

2 Likes

How much are you looking to grow? What is your experience level? What are your needs in terms of production?

I ask because I am a year into learning this stuff. I have a 2x2x4 tent. I have been growing autoflowers from ILGM. Finishing my 4th grow now. I have learned a lot.

My first three I put 4 in there in 1 gal pots. Used a relatively cheap blurple light. Honestly I ended up with maybe 1.5-2 ounces total from those. It’s enough for my brownies, but I did not like that production.

I changed to a spiderfarm light and went from 4 plants to 1, and she is in a 3 gal pot. This one plant is going to produce more than all my plants to date. Should be able to cut her end of the week or weekend. Put some banana kush seeds in shot glass last night to get ready for next.

As an aside, I do a few seeds to make sure I get a pop (even though I have had 100% success with the ILGM seeds to date) and I just plant the extras. Put two in garden last time but it was too early/cold. Put two in those same 1 gal pots out by the pool and brought them in when cold. Cut one yesterday and for a plant I really did nothing to care for, it produced around 2.4 ounces. The other outside one is about a half week behind but it’s bigger, so should have close to 3 ounces from that one. I suspect once dried they will be around 2.5. I can deal with that for plants I did not even work on, especially since I am pretty sure I will be getting 4-5 (wet) at least from the tent.

I run a cycle through approx every 11-12 weeks. That’s well over an ounce a month and I can’t use all that so it’s perfect.

2 Likes

Gidday did. Hows things I’m down sth about to freeze. Anyway got a gorilla nice solid tent. Bit dear. If money a issue friend got a $80 4x4 tent from dick Smith. Not the greatest compared to :gorilla: but shit. $80.

1 Like

Yeah I am in the south east, Melbs. Where are you?

Thanks all for suggestions! Research time

@dirtydave @AAA i can’t seem to buy in AUS without paying $100+ for delivery.

Are either of you in AUS and if so where did you get it?
Cheers

1 Like

Hey mate. Yarra valley. East. Snows here. You out here?

1 Like

Sorry @diz I’m in CA, USA. I always take for granted that we can get everything here for relatively cheap.

Good luck.

1 Like

I’m in the USA but a good friend that moved down your way says he’d suggest a place called HydroWorld in Adelaide for equipment or Quick Bloom Lights for lighting

1 Like

20 mins away from you!

1 Like

Should catch up for a beer. If it gets warm enough. Maybe coffee? Tell you where good and bad shops are.

1 Like

Sounds good!

Got this great little tent from Amazon :ok_hand:

Good one mate. Now you have tent get onto QuickBloom lights. Soren will sort you with good hlg light. How big tent?