Grow room temperature trouble

grow room stays around 82. I an new to this. I have been trying to go hydro, but root rot keeps occurring. I tried sm90 with no success. tried g2o2 also, same thing. can I stop this, or should I switch to dirt? I have 2 new sprouts and really wanted to do hydro, but rot keeps on despite my best efforts.

It is a bit hot in your room but I know people on here constantly discuss what they use for this issue. I believe using an additive like HydroGuard and others will help you with this issue. Someone will be on to help you much better than I can. Being at 82 degrees shouldn’t prevent you from going hydro. Bring in extra fans to help bring your temp down a little. You don’t need to drop far. 10 degrees and you’ll be perfect.

@ktreez420 is a hydro guy and should be able to offer some advice. sounds like reservoir temps are a bigger issue than room temps.

1 Like

Air temp doesn’t matter actually when it comes to reservoir temps. Yes, in theory if you lower the air temp then bucket temps should drop too, but that’s easier said than done.

You need to drop the reservoir temp (water temp). Clean your buckets, then let your roots sit in h2o2 mixed water for an hour. Clean buckets again, then give them their normal nutrient regime. Be sure you’re adding some like Hydroguard though, it’s very important to keep roots happy and healthy.

Don’t give up, you can do it dude!
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement. Heard lots of conflicting info on H2O2 use. What would the correct mix be? I only have access to otc 3% peroxide. I washed the roots off, put back in new nutrient solution. I have been using SM90, as this is what the store recommended. I will remove from nutrients and put in H2O2 for an hour after I know what mix to use. I really appreciate everyone’s patience with my learning curve.

3 Likes

@brya
Welcome to…ILGMl
Listen to @ktreez420 he’ll give you sound advice.
I’m giving you these links. As a new grower these links will help you to better understand gthe art of growing

200+ Marijuana Grow Guides - Indoor & Outdoor Strains | ILGM

Download The Grow Bible and read

Will

1 Like

Just make sure you’re using a mixture of H2O2 and water for that hour, if you only use H2O2 you’ll kill the girls! I forget the exact ratio, but I’ll try and find it for you.
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

@ktreez420 I am going back to my first thread… Trichs just went cloudy. how long to amber, they are all 100% cloudy over last 2 days. And yes, I have done my entire grow using peroxide.

1 Like