Grow room dropped to 76 from 84 need heat!

So the temps have dropped here and its going to get worse.
I run temp at 83 normally but now its at 76 and will get colder.
4x8 tent i am also running a temp control on fan to turn exhaust on.

So i need help figuring out how to heat the tent at lowest cost per month and also having the exhaust fan working to get fresh air through.
Rite now the fan will turn on at 85 degrees. If i have a heater and this fan control for temp i think heater would run 24/7 possibly as the fan will cool it once it gets to a certain temp.

This is crazy. I just did a ton in upgrades and its back to the drawing board for winter now lol.
Its never gonna end. Upgrades for life !!!

I love this hobby.

So any ideas or heater model suggestions are appreciated.

2 Likes

I don’t know what stage your plants are in, or the type of setup you have, but I feel that 76°F is pretty optimal. I think 77°F is considered the best all around temperature for growing cannabis. Are you growing a strain that requires temperatures above 80°F? Vegetative growth can handle a wider range of temps and humidity. If you are flowering though, temps above 80°F can slow bud development significantly.

1 Like

2 plants in veg.

Light manufacturer recommends growing at 85 so i am sticking with that.

1 Like

Are you using C02?

What light are you using ??

1 Like

76° seems perfect to me, dont worry about that, your plants will be ok!

1 Like

Phytomax 2’s but I dont believe the light i use matters. What matters is i control heat to 85. Im actually fluctuating from 82-85 before outside temps dropped to 50’s.
Im in a mobile home so outside temps play a major role in the room temp that my tent is in.

1 Like

So it’s more the fluctuation issue. I get it. I’ll search for some efficient heaters that are tent safe.

1 Like

I have a grow journal started in here but dont know how to link it if you want details on setup and grow.

1 Like

Get one of those oil radiator heaters. They’re popular in uk. Had to order one here…I set mine up to warm the air my exhaust pulls in.

1 Like

So here is what it says for temp in the tips for my lights. I understand that my temps are fine for growing but have to try what they say at least once to see how it goes.
I currently only have 2 of the 200’s but intend to have 6 in tent on next grow. i upgraded from vivosun blurples that cost $75 each lol

1 Like

You have a really nice setup! I found your journal, and I’ll tag along. I only mentioned lights, because some lights can produce enough intensity to warrant C02, and higher than usual temperatures. But yeah, Black Dog produces good lights, so I guess just do what they say. I have no experience with them, personally, but have seen results from their setups. I would, however, do a bit of research when moving to flower. Regardless of lights, high temperatures can stress flowering plants. I’ve never heard of keeping temps that high on purpose. I’m intrigued, and will be following your grow.

2 Likes

The Black Dog Phytomax 2 lights you are using do not heat the canopy at the rate a normal LED or HPS light does, as such, you need higher temperatures to balance that out. Makes sense. I’ll keep checking for a decent heater.

1 Like

@Jza444 from what I’ve absorbed here you have to have quite a large qb setup before co2 makes a difference or is needed.

1 Like

Absolutely, but the higher end phytomax 2 lights warrant it, and I wasn’t certain what he was using at first.

Could build that for half that price. But it’s cool it’s all finished etc.

I think anything close to 1000 ppfd average needs co2 which is why its mentioned on my lights if i put to close they will need co2. I think 13” hh needs co2 according to instructions.

But co2 is a whole new monster to deal with. Lmao a future upgrade possibly after several more grows.

2 Likes

Agreed on the DIY. The highest end Phytomax 2 puts out about 1602 umol/s, which would easily warrant C02. No biggie either way though. I just wasn’t sure what he was using, and trying to fact find.

I’m pretty much sold on QBs, myself.

1 Like

@Jza444 that’s all I’ve ever used. And even as few as ive done I have seen what it does. Built mine with dbrn help. They are the current thing till something better.

2 Likes

Yep. He’s a bad, knowledgeable dude…in a very good way :hugs::grin:. He helped me out a bunch.