Grow room build

@KE13
Here’s more about the pots I’m using

Can anyone tell me if there’s a way to search for threads by peoples screen name? I’ve been looking for A journal to learn more about different ways to make edibles …
That being said this is the only way I know other than Coming through what are you @blackthumbbetty everything I’ve read points to this being Your expertise!!!

2 Likes

Darn it hit the wrong button again before I corrected

1 Like

Better now?

1 Like

I meant tagging you in directly

2 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32 For the assist

2 Likes

There are lots of edibles hints, tricks, and recipes on the forum. Here’s a good thread, if I do say so, myself. :joy:

3 Likes

:thinking:… Got an idea like to run but y’all.
I’m thinking about starting a auto in a 2 or 3 Gallon air pot under my veg light for two or three weeks until my best guess for the beginning of transition. Then transplanting into a 12 gallon air pot… My idea is to not have to add any nutrients maybe just some Epsom salts or cal-mag if needed. I would put the 12 gallon pot outside after transplant. I think The transplanting with these pots will cause very little if any shock to the plant. With these pots you don’t take the plant out of the pot you take the pot off of the plant.

2 Likes

Last year my outdoor I got bags bugs mid July real bad so if I use auto so I can have them all done before then !

Transplanting from an airpot doesn’t look like it would be all that fun. Also seems kinda like a waste to go 5-6x on pot size after transition.

I suppose you don’t really know unless you try, but doesn’t seem like best use for application.

Is there a formula for transplanting to larger pots? I could start with a smaller pot and transplant sooner That would give the roots more time to work there way out in the larger pot. I’ve always heard bigger pot bigger plants. Is it not the same for autos? These pots are super easy to assemble and disassemble. Pull out a couple screws that you can remove and replace with your fingers and unwrap it. Haven’t done it yet but it seems pretty simple.I have taken them apart but not full of soil.

1 Like

You’re talking about these right?

The roots will grow through and around every dimple and hole in them. Making more difficult to transplant and be more destructive to plants.

Something also to consider, is the way the plants grow. They typically build root mass then grow. I’m sure you can expect root growth after transplant, but I don’t think you’ll see it like earlier in the plants life. Even if you did you won’t want it at same time plant is trying to flower, it should be using all of its energy to create flower sites and bulk them up.

In theory this is the same with a photo plant. You would typically transplant while on veg schedule then give some time to recover and expand roots, then switch to flower. Completely the opposite of starting to flower then transplant.

1 Like

@dbrn32 That’s the kind information I’m looking for thank you very much… What do you think about going straight into a 12 gallon pot with an auto… Bigger pot bigger plant? (Outdoor)
On another note my autos all full on blooming but one of them came about four days late into the mix… Anyways the first picture of four plants is 2 AK 47 auto and 2 amnesia haze auto the top left plant The buds are very light greenish yellow. Other than the color of the plant looks very healthy stretching to the moon…:face_with_monocle:… Curious… I think I’ll name that one Blondie …:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

…Here’s a couple more little closer. other than being a little bit yellow she looks healthy to me what does everybody else think is she Sick :face_with_thermometer:

6 Likes

That looks like new growth. Healthy as can be.

3 Likes

@Bulldognuts .That’s what I thought too

2 Likes

It’s definitely a pretty one!

2 Likes

They look good.

I don’t necessarily fall into the bigger pot=bigger plant crowd. I won’t totally dismiss the concept, but you can grow a pretty big plant in a small pot. You just have to work a little harder sometimes, and it’s generally not ideal for novice growers. I’m also not an outdoor grower, so my natural response is to wonder what you want a big plant for, and if so why you choose autos? They are suppose to be programmed to flower at certain age. Not that it always happens, but like the last thing you seek out if you wanted a large plant. From the other perspective all of your issues go away if you had photos, right? At least you could veg them inside as long as you wanted, then transplant and throw outside.

The only issue I see with starting an auto in that big of pot is the amount of time you’ll see little growth while root mass is building. Big pot will probably take longer and that will eat up some of your “predetermined” veg time. Which could cause you to have small plant wanting to flower even though it’s in a big pot. Of course, sometimes they veg a long time or need light manipulation to flower too. Just a matter of willing to take take that chance.

2 Likes

@dbrn32
The reason I’m using auto‘s is because with the heat I get where I’m at comes spider mites. So anything I grow outdoor I want to be done early July. As far as big or small plant if it doesn’t cost any more to grow it you’re not paying for electricity just a little dirt ,water why not. Although you make a very good point on the limited amount of time for root growth. I’m gonna keep thinking on it for a while. As far as having an abundance it never happens got three medical users in the house love cooking with it and now that I found Betty … Let the recipes begin!

3 Likes

I get it, I just don’t know if you’ll be successful with the approach you’re looking to take.

1 Like

OK tonight ppm was 944 the pH was 6.34 in 10 gallons of water I put 2 1/2 tablespoons of Epson salt and 2 tablespoons of Calmag…Here’s how they look tonight

Check out this little clone couple weeks old stretching for the moon…

7 Likes

After further :thinking:… I think I’m gonna do a side-by-side auto flower outdoor experiment!.. I’m gonna go use to AK-47 autos that I already have germinated, they are both in 5 gallon pots. Meanwhile In a 12 gallon pot I will plan a cover crop and get it started. Then in two weeks or so attempt to transplant one of the 5 gallons Into the 12 gallon … WHY U MYT ASK…Why not …it’s fun and I have time, So what is the experiment… One of plants will be my baseline , The other one will be three different experiments in one ,kind of sort of in a way :joy:…First how much shock the plant gets from the transplant, second Will the larger pot make a larger plant ,last and most important to me this being outdoor if I plant a cover crop of insect resistant flowers will that repel bugs?

What I would like to hear from you guys is suggestions on cover crops. I was thinking lavender or maybe marigolds.
If nobody likes this idea let’s come up with an idea that you guys want to watch…

6 Likes