Grow plans revised

Ouch, ya there is no coming back from that one really. The freon is contaminated, so it would have to be reclaimed, and then you would un brazed the compressor lines, put the new compressor in braze the lines, we would fill the system with nitrogen to test for leaks, leave it overnight check the pressures, put it under full vacuum, change the run capacitor and put new freon in. Then run test it, check your condenser fan motors amp draw, check the fan capacitor, and make sure that didnt cause the problem in the first place, then run it and see what she does lol. Sorry for the novel just bringing back memories.

2 Likes

Yea… to change the compressor and everything that went with it, the quote was like $1600
With no warranty really since the system will be obsolete. The recommendation was to get a total new unit. Discussed it with the hubby, the neighbor (who looks out for me and does odds and ends while hubby is gone) and got the 2nd opinion. I felt like I’d be pissing away that money if I went that route, so just went for the new unit. At least I got 10 years I won’t have to worry about it!

2 Likes

I think you made the right choice for sure!!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the A/C, what crappy timing. How did you sort temp control in the interim? Dealing with temp issues isn’t fun with an A/C.

Kush and Gold Leaf are looking sweet in this pic. :v:

2 Likes

Thanks… I have an addition on this little house, and we had put a ductless unit it a while back, so I just left the door open. It was enough to keep things comfortable enough to sleep. And totally crappy timing!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Yea I’m really excited about the OG :grimacing:
Can’t wait to harvest!!

1 Like

It’s crazy how different our climate is, but how close we are (globally speaking). Last night I had to dome and blanket my outdoor tomato plants. (I really want real tomatoes, bad.) We even had to close windows and turn the heat back on. I hope the guys you chose can knock out that install for you in an ethical and quick time. It sucks having no control. Best wishes

1 Like

Thanks @QueenCityB! They got installed in no time yesterday and did a really good job. @CoyoteCody let me know I got it done for a fair price, too. Terrible timing, but what can you do? I hate not being in control.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Glad it went smoothly for them and you guys!!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Happy temps, happy plants and she does look happy :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @Enlightened420! Soon she’ll make happy happy :laughing:

1 Like

Happy Easter :hatching_chick:

3 Likes

Gold Leaf in her final pot

7 Likes

Awesome. Looking happy, happy, happy, for sure :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

1 Like

1 Like

That’s right, my stoner brain forgot you were doing a pot for pot, it will be interesting to see how that grows. Gold Leaf looks nice and healthy

2 Likes

Thank you! The OG is in a pot for pot also :grimacing::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Good luck for both the girls, OG is lookin purdy.

2 Likes

Looking healthy and happy! :wink::+1:

2 Likes