Grow plans revised

Set to watch :sunglasses: Good luck on your grow :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Cody! It really sucks right now. Hubby is oil field, so… on top of all the other stuff, now is just a bad time to be shelling that kind of money out.

1 Like

Southwest Mississippi… hot as hell here already

2 Likes

Hey Recon! Glad to have ya :wave:

1 Like

I feel that, what kind of unit is it?

1 Like

:woman_shrugging: One that is going to be obsolete in less than a year. Something about some government mandate… idk
Something about Freon…

1 Like

7 Likes

R22 freon, and you have to go to r410a, is it a split system or a package unit? The reason I’m asking is because if it is a package unit, then the labor cost should be relatively cheap compared to a split system.

1 Like

I think it’s a package unit? The whole thing with installation and 10 yr warranty on parts is gonna run me about 6K
I’ve heard “that’s not bad” from a few ppl

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie to you, I just put one in, and the total cost out the door for them was $4500 that was $2,000 profit. Now I’m not with a company sonic can understand the cost for overhead and all that, but a good package unit should cost around $2,500-$3,000 and if you already have a package unit then install is even easier because everything as far as ventilation is there, they will have to get a stand made which will cost around $25 for materials and a dog house, (the part that goes from the unit to the ventilation system) and that will cost around $150. That being said, when I was doing it for a company $6,500 was about what we charged for install in Phoenix Arizona, it’s not a bad price, but i wouldn’t call it a good price either.

1 Like

They use stand alone units a lot?
In michigan it’s almost unheard of. Those are low cost to buy and install.
Easy way to tell difference is a stand alone is a large box with duct going into home.
Split system is just condenser with the 2 freon lines going to an a coil in furnace.

2 Likes

Yes here in the desert southwest it is the most common, heat pump package units on the roof.

2 Likes

Thanks… I got 2 opinions/estimates today and this was the best deal (not by much)

1 Like

I’ve got an evaporator?? In the attic and a big unit outside.

1 Like

That’s a split system, then it does cost quite a bit more in labor, so that is more understandable, and I would say at that point you are getting a decent price.

2 Likes

I guess that makes it better… lol :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

It still sucks for sure, did they say the brand name of the new unit?

1 Like

Rheem?? Maybe…

1 Like

Ok, it’s a good brand, I like pretty much everyone except Goodman, I like some of their products, but when I was doing it “professionally” we replaced a lot of their compressors out on warranty.

1 Like

That’s the issue with the old one… the compressor was grounded

1 Like