Grow outside in boston

I want to grow outside in Boston everyone I know here says it can not be done. Reading on here it seems there is a problem with rot. What seeds should I start with for fast grow, high yield, and strong grass that will handle the climate.
Thank you for your time in helping me.

2 Likes

Oh it can be done. Bud rot is a concern but if handle correctly it should be much of an issue. I may suggest an auto strain they will be finished before the fall. We can get a lot of wet weather in the fall so if you are done then the bud rot will be less of an issue.

2 Likes

I would recommend trying a few different strains. I’m trying super skunk this year because it has shorter flowering time than others.(plus its on sale). I’m also going to grow blueberry auto. All I have grown so far has been unknown strains but some do better than others as far as bud rot goes.

1 Like

I live in Vermont and had a successful Granddaddy purple grow. It rained for weeks it seemed at the end of last season. GDP took it like a champ and had zero bud rot issues. Purple Kush and blue cheese according to ILGM are both mold resistance. I grew purple kush indoor and it’s awesome. I have blue cheese on the way and plan to plant both outdoor this season.

3 Likes

I also live in a northern climate and autos are the way to go… or if you can find a fast flowering photoperiod strain. I’m gonna try an Afghan outdoors this year and see what happens :wink::v:

3 Likes