Grow off wifey vs me white widow auto

So I’m gonna do a throw down with the wife both dropped two white widow autos which popped a long tail very quickly she will be doing hers in five gal dwc I will be doing mine in a five gal fabric pot with my own super soil mix in the bottom half of the pot and happy frog up top. Now this is her first grow ever so well see what she can do I’m sure I’ll b helping her out along the way but I’m making her do everything to hers so if it lives and thrives or dies will b on her. Hopefully it makes it though mine will b named Charlotte after charlottes web and don’t know if she named hers yet. We started the seeds in Rockwool and they’re growing pretty well went in rock on New Year’s Eve here’s a pic of them now

so we’ll see how this grudge match of the white widows goes and I think I’m gonna have her use the GH nutes in hers this time want to see how they work

11 Likes

No accidental scissor mishap in the dark …play fair I’ll be watching :flushed:

3 Likes

If she can dial in the numbers her dwc will. Crush your soil grow lol

4 Likes

That’s why I’m giving her the bucket we’ll have to see if she’s learned anything

Either way the goods from the girls will be coming to me as she doesn’t smoke only eats the food I cook with it

You would let hers die?

No if it gets to that point I’ll step in do t want to have to but. I know I said that up above but I’d never let one of my girls die if it can be prevented

2 Likes

So I’ll post some pics of them later. my cube i put into soil already as it had good roots coming out bottom Wifey’s is still just in cube only one root popping so far but her growth on her leaves so day it’s like double mine I may be in a losing battle with her :cherries: popper she’s been monitoring it the whole time herself so that’s good she may be ready to go into bucket tonight when we get home I’ll post pics then

2 Likes

so mine in the soil and and hers like double my size just went into bucket tonight some cal mag and clonex seedling solution for now then she’ll be going maxigrow and maxi loom for flowering along with cal mag hydroguard and silica should I have her use a little Epsom also or what do you guys think @HappyHydroGrower @Covertgrower @HanJolo @PharmerBob @Nicky missed a lot can never remember em all but anyone else feel free to chime in

6 Likes

Hey brother we’ll be watching for sure. Good luck to the Mrs as per instructed by my wife. Sorry dude! :rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yea she showing me up so far still early though

Lol my moneys on her in hydro, tell her to keep a close watch on her ppm and tds!
Your no maintance early on but gets complicated in soil after week 4 or 5.
What feed scedule is she following?

2 Likes

I had her start with just calmag the clonex seedling solution and some hydroguardshes gonna use the maxi grow and maxi vloom when it’s time though. And yeah I feel like I’m gonna get shown up we’ll have to see I’ve had some luck in soil and I’m gonna go straight water til in flowering not messing with any nutes since I have my super soil in the bottom so far the pics say it all she’s double my size already Charlottes losing tj Betty white still early though either way whoever wins the goods are for me seeing how she doesn’t smoke. I’m running my jacks in the blueberry bucket which is doing amazing started some lST on it last night and looking good

Gotta see how this turns out and remember size is only 1/3 of the score you also need to score points on terp development and quality/ strength of high

2 Likes

Oh yeah I may have al the smaller plant but may also pack a stronger punch this show down won’t b done til after the cure for sure. I think it’s gonna b a good throw down for us. And considering it’s her first plant so far good can’t wait til they’re flowering that’s the exciting part for me. Feel free to tag anyone along that may want to check in progress. @myfuncrop here’s a new showdown grow journal might want to check it out

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad we’re rooting for his Mrs over here as well! Tell her my wife said “give him hell!”

We’ve got a place in our hearts for the hydro higrow.

3 Likes

Will do she’ll b happy when she kicks the :poop: out of me in the end. that’s why I put mine in the soil I knew if I went in a bucket also would have been a better match but wanted to give her a little edge like I said she’s never grown anything planted a flower nothing I’ve had a green thumb ever since a child building burms in the yard with my father planting bleeding hearts that’s one of my favorite plant in the world behind cannabis have it tattooed on my ribs in memorial for my father. They can symbolize the bridge between life and death among many others but beautiful

1 Like

Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate , you’d be adding more mag. The sulfur wouldn’t be too bad but not necessary at this point

1 Like

here’s the three going on the closet til my gold leafs are out this sunday. Started lst on the blueberry she’s doing nicely

4 Likes

Looks like a happy area! They’re nestled together for winter warmth

1 Like