Grow number 2 drying

Last time I over dried my harvest, to the point pulling the buds apart made some dust. If I happen to over dry again, will them humidity packs for jars help re-hydrate?

2 Likes

Yes, also fresh leaves.

Someone mentioned a magic eraser soaked in water.

Main thing is sealed jar with moisture vehicle in jar NOT touching any buds.

The packs can touch the buds though.

1 Like

i’ve been trying to rehydrate with some steam from my humidifier. no clue if this a legit method. i seem to over dry no matter what, too. so frustrating.

1 Like

I’ve done this two ways.

First time I ran my shower on hot and got the bathroom nice and humid then opened the buckets I was curing and let them sit for a couple minutes before re sealing them.
Let them sit for a couple hours and then started checking /burping every couple hours.

But now what I prefer to do is slice a citrus fruit and wrap it in paper towel then put it in the jars for over night, then burp. Wait till it stablizes let it sit for a week and do it again.

2 Likes

Thats different, I may try it on one jar, thanks.

Your right it is really frustrating, going to try the Boveda , humidity packs this time around.

2 Likes

I have one small jar where the buds dried out. Plus I did over dry from the start. I tossed in a Bóveda 62% RH pack and the buds gained moisture back.

1 Like

Thank you for service sir!

1 Like

i wouldn’t use them as a curing tool. but if you overshoot, toss them in. i even bought a separate AC unit for my last dry and kept the room at 65 which is COLD. still over dried. i don’t get it. it’s a hard thing to practice cuz you get one shot every few months.

2 Likes

Tried to snap small branches but they were limber. So let them go another day and boom, over dry. Pulling my hair out here,what I got left of it lol. This is my second grow going to try all that I’ve read and see what happens , I’m smoking regardless lol…

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about 1 dya to much.
Re hydrating with Bolivia packs is a bit of a pain because they are so small and expensive, seems wasteful to me personally there is not alot of mosture in those little packs it’s meant to keep your cure steady not to cure or re hydrate from dry.
A bad drying job can be masked by a really good cure, mostly… I think at least the colors of the bud will be effected because it looses its color

1 Like

Color loss sucks, doing GDP and was really hoping to see some color. :frowning:

Depends on genetics and low Temps during flower, some say lower PH ranges to but I haven’t seen any data to support that claim yet.
I know flushing will give you good colors because you get deficiencys

2 Likes

I usually throw a small rip from a leaf of lettus and throw in overnight. Burp jar a few times the next day and check them out.