Grow newbie , ideas and getting fresh air in

Hey guys

So looking at my first setup , got some good seeds , looking at getting a 1.2x1.2mtr tent set up, but it only comes with one exhaust fan and filter , but I’ve done a bit of reading and I will need to get fresh air in allso? What is the best way to do that? Buy an extra exhaust fan? Sorry for the (simple) questions , thanks in advance

1 Like

Are u going dwc. Or soil and here this guy can help @Covertgrower

1 Like

Ok thanks man, going soil seems to be easier for a beginner

1 Like

Your tent should have vent holes. If your exhaust fan is powerful enough it will pull fresh air in through those vents.

2 Likes

So looking at this set up?

But in a closet just enough room for the tent and will run the exhaust through a man hole into the roof

1 Like

Buy separately, you can get everything cheaper

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM @Belac passive air intake is usually what most growers have here. It’ll work just fine.
If you’re concerned about smells, you might want to consider a carbon filter to add to the fan.

5 Likes

Ok sweet as , I’ll have a look at around , but seems the set up is cheaper option so far , @Covertgrower awesome bro so the set up above should have everything I need in ways of set up minus the soil and nutrients , and I have also purchased a hydro metre and pH tester

3 Likes

I’m currently building a grow room It’s a 10x12 so it’s a good size the only issue I had with a passive intake was when the exhaust wasn’t running the fans inside my area forced some smell back out the intake. So I decided to go with an exhaust with a carbon filter

And a intake with a backdraft preventer in the duct work

They run together with the intake on a speed controller

3 Likes

you can get it way cheap I agree with him on that 1100 bucks is too much but if you really want that one go for it I know if I like somthing I want it even if it’s more have u looked at anything cheaper

For the price there asking u can get most of that on amazon probly get better light as well I Donna man pricey

@Belac Good quality seeds … or high quality seeds ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Buy Marijuana Seeds - USA shipping

2 Likes

@Watt-Sun thanks man that looks good! , @Lostscuba, yeah I’ve had a look there is definitely a cheaper set up with hps lights etc , but I’m thinking led is easier to control the heat in a smaller space maybe? And that’s nzd not usd

1 Like

@GreenCoat haha yes they are :wink:

I agree with @HornHead, grow stuff is cheaper a la carte vs. those packages. The dude putting together the package has to make his cut. And, you’re stuck with what’s in the package. Buying individual parts separately, you can pick exactly what you want/need.

1 Like

The Medical Cannabis Guidebook: The Definitive Guide To Using and Growing Medicinal Marijuana