Grow lights - the worst

Let’s see the worst grow lights!

Have you used a light or seen something online that made you cringe? I want to see it.

In my spare time (while pretending to work) I make mostly crap videos for fun… I’m making a video on grow lights that will have zero value.

Post your worst below

Fun fact; a lot of the lights in this gif I made are for sale :joy:

2 Likes

I should go take a picture of my first light I thought would cover a 4x4. Lol

5 Likes

I wanna see it! No rush…

Might make the video

1200W marketing BS. Lol. There’s two, the diodes burned out, I wrote the seller, and they gave me another.

5 Likes

I fell for the Amazon burples.

Here it sits today.

3 Likes

Check these out. And I’m still using them to assist my hlg 65 v2 4000k.

2 Likes

1 is a 20$ blurple off Amazon and the other was given to me from a friend. Lol. But why not get the extra, even if its tiny, benefit from the boosting my hlg.

2 Likes

Amazon blurple definitely no way close to a dedicated light but dies the job as my supplemental for re-veg

2 Likes

Better then mine. Yours looks real. My blurple looks like a toy.
It’s the Prius of lights, without the great gas mileage. Which I think in this case would be yield. Lol.

2 Likes

Advertised at 600w only drew 150w real power ok for germination and when I was growing outdoors would bring my plants in at night and keep the under this for supplemental light. Once I used it for adult vegetation did I see the limitations

1 Like

Enough said! Lol
The hlg is there now and that’s on the right side hanging, and as you see that other crappy cheap light on the other side. Got both switches on right now from it too. The hlg is the only real light I have. Those 2 together were crappy for even germinating in my own opinion.

2 Likes

These are all great! We’ve all at some point bought some real trash. A lot of your pics have made the video so far. Keep them coming

That’s all I got. Lol. The 2 crap crap lights. Used as supplemental lighting with my hlg. Glad I got at least 1 real light though.

2 Likes

Oh I like this topic lol…
Okay so thankfully I learned a bit more about burples then some here but I went for the mighty COB’s
I got a 200w thinking it would be sufficient enough to flower a 2x4 I squeezed 3 plants into.

Not a great picture but here it is, had 6 cob lenses on it and was 3500k. I quickly sold it on Facebook marketplace.

I also used 200w CFL’s that were 6400k to veg my plants for a while, not bad lights actually really good but the issue is that once a plant gets to a certain size the cfl just can’t push light very far away and thus not great for cannabis so I sld them to locals who were using them in the spring to start gardens indoors. I had planned to get more HLG’s in 4k but I just start everything under my 3500k lights now and do seed to harvest via the QB’s

1 Like

Compared to now lol

I’m glad to see @Covertgrower fell into the same trap we all did lol

@Shaggy is winning this page so far lol

2 Likes

@Nicky didnt look bad before. What was the yield like before?
Could you have imagined the lights I was using. Probably wouldn’t haven’t even got me 7grams off my plants. Now the hlg should help me a lot.

2 Likes

I really did, however what I spent on both of those lights, I could have purchased my light that I have now. Depressing.
This is why we need a PSA for everyone that buys a blurple light. JUST DON’T DO IT!!!

3 Likes

Ima broke mofo who knows what he’s doing. Almost no budget. And I’ll still get there one day! Lol.
I’ll just leave this right here to show what the hlg has been doing compared to what those other 2 would probably have done.

1 Like

It was okay… To be honest my issue was I was using clay pots and soil with nitrogen pellets along with bit PH’ing my water lol.
But I transplanted everything into fabric with fox farms and figured it out so thankfully I grew photos my first go around.

@Covertgrower isn’t that the truth! Yet so many people don’t want to spend a bit more on real lights, would rather order a burple lok

1 Like

Exactly, spend it twice, or spend it twice. Your choice! :man_shrugging:

2 Likes