Grow Light recommendations please …

Definitely a healthy root system there, nice job!

2 Likes

Very nice. Were you running the air turned all the way up? Congrats on the harvest

1 Like

I’ve been gardening for years but have actually found the process of getting started with cannabis pretty overwhelming, haha. Because of that I just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to the everyone in this thread, especially @Sincitytoker! Thanks to all of your recommendations here I now have my tent, light, exhaust fan, filter, and intake fan figured out.
I think all that leaves are some little circulation fans, a temp/humidity gauge, and a timer for the lights, right? I have a long shallow space to work with so I’m planning on doing two 2x4 tents. That will fit my space and makes it easy in that I can put everything in the cart with a quantity of two. I was thinking I would grow two plants in each tent for a total of 4 at a time but maybe I’m wrong with my understanding of space requirements there.

But just to make sure I have this right, per your recommendations my cart will look like this (unless you see an issue):
Tent: 2x4 Gorilla Grow Tent
Light: HLG 300L RSPEC
Exhaust Fan: AC Infinity Cloudline T6
Charcoal Filter: AC Infinity 6" Filter
Ducting: AC Infinity Flexible 6-Inch Aluminum Ducting (8 feet)
Intake Fan: AC Infinity Cloudline S6 (need to keep noise down)

If I add the remaining parts listed above (circulation fans, a temp/humidity gauge, and a timer for the lights) will that be everything? Again, can’t thank you enough for the peace of mind all your help has given me. I’m about double my initial budget but I know it’ll be a setup I can keep for a long time, haha!

3 Likes

Maybe I missed it somewhere, TDS pen, pH Pen, measuring spoons/cups, Nutrients only 1 of each of these

Also welcome to the community :+1:

3 Likes

Ahhh, yes!! I was so fixated on the equipment, I totally forgot about the nutrients! Thanks for bringing up the TDS & pH pens as well. I remember now seeing in a video one time a guy shoved what I think was a pH pen into his soil and I thought, “Huh, I need to look into that…” and then promptly forgot about all about it, haha! I was just about to place an amazon order though so I’ll pick some TDS/pH testers out real quick and check them off the list.
I’m going to have to do a bunch of research on the nutrients though. From the little I’ve seen so far it’s a very different process to the peppers I’m used to growing.
Thanks again so much!

Don’t waste your $$ on the pH meters you stick in the dirt. Get a quality Lab style pen, I have blulab love it,tough,doesn’t eat batteries,stays calibrated 4+ weeks with daily use, tough did I get that. TDS, spend $15 on Amazon.
Nutes, yes study, but it seems like the group here has that down for ya. I’ll be switching once these gallon jugs are gone😣

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks for the tip on the meters. Looks like theres plenty of TDS options on Amazon. Is this the one you’d recommend with the pH pen? I’ve only ever messed around with the strips so I’m excited to be going digital with this.

2 Likes

That’s what I have. Get a bottle of storage solution and 4 and 7 Cali solution(I like the non toxic ones) might be 4 and 10, gotta go ck I guess

2 Likes

Apera also makes quality TDS and pH meters. I own an Apera PH60, which measures both pH and TDS.

3 Likes

That’s the other brand, I couldn’t spit it out.
Good things said about them around here👍

1 Like

@d3sert.rat
There is a few things I can definitely help you and that is definitely in gear lol,but anytime I can help I am more than happy to.
You will definitely need a ph pen(good not cheap)
Tds pen (that one can be ptretty $cheap)
And I think you might need extension cord for your circular fans and humidifier if need one and I would suggest a power surge protector for each outlet connection,this way any shorts you don’t burn anything .
I would recommend a Govee temp gage for your grow room also you can download the app on your phone and maintain vigilance on your temps through your phone.
Just make sure your temperature is what I needs to be in the grow room very important and keeping humidity low during flower so might even need a dehumidifier.
We’re are my manners
Welcome to the community

1 Like

That is also the ph pen I own.
I think from here on out I will only use a blue lab ph pen mi absolutely love it.
Yes highly recommend
@StonedCold13 has you covered :point_up:

1 Like

Wish I could get the wall mount meter👍Goals😎

1 Like