Grow Light recommendations please …

If I need to spend more, I’m good with that. I will grow 1 plant, and I want to have my best shot.

1 Like

@YOLO1
Welcome to the forum
We can definitely help you out
What size tent or space would you like to cover?

1 Like

Sincitytoker,
I need more help than I knew. I hadn’t considered A tent. I’ll use a spare bedroom, but tell me about the tent, please! First timer as you can guess. I don’t want to short myself on light, so am willing to spend whatever need be there.

1 Like

Spare bedroom with a tent in there will be perfect.
This is how I am running my grow at the moment.
If you are planning on doing 1 plant I would suggest a 2x4 tent this way you have a little bit of arm and elbow room.
I would run at least 300watts of light in there.
HLG is what most of us here on the forum lean towards they make a great light and great price .
Are you a little handy?they have DIY kits that are really easy to put together.
If I can do it you can do it lol.
The light is your one item in the grow you don’t want to skimp on.
And you need some fans and a few other things I can run by you if you would like?

Hey, I am a first timer at this, and any thing you send my way will be a great help! like where to get a tent? In fact any source at all.

1 Like

Well if it was me buying the items
I would go with a gorilla tent you can use the 1ft extension that is included if you need a taller space.which comes in very handy.you can make the tent almost 8ft tall.
As far as light I think one of these options should work more watts is better of course.

What do you think @dbrn32 these lights should cover a 2x4 pretty good huh?

1 Like

Here is the tent
Just go to gorilla tent .com

1 Like

Yes, all good in a 2x4

1 Like

Thanks A ton, it won’t be long now till I start Getting shit together and get started.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 okay here we go. The back corner plant looks ripe to me … what do you think?
Or maybe a few more days? (trich pics from back left corner)

1 Like

Top pic looks like a lot of white pistils still. I think it will continue to put on some weight, ans should be producing more trichomes while it does.

Yeah the other 3 plants are still pretty white. The ones in the back left have amber pistils. I think you are right though - maybe another 2 weeks. I think I’ll feed her for one more week and then flush her for the last week?

Yeah I’ll take any info U want to send my way, and thanks A ton! Got my tent and light ordered.

3 Likes

What size tent did you order?

Hey Sincitytoker, Some how I lost my place! Anyway, I got the 2’x4’ Gorilla tent, and the 350R light. I don’t know if its overkill, but didn’t want to be short on light. I want to give a big shoutout to you and all who are educating me here. As I said, I’m a rank newbie and need all the help I can get! Keep the info coming! And have a GREAT weekend!

2 Likes

@YOLO1
You are going to love that light and should suit your space perfect.
You can always dim the light a bit if need be.
Ok so I would suggest a 6 inch exhaust fan
There are 3 options from best fan to the cheapest.
1st option is quieter and can help control temperature and humidity,you can set a desired temperature or humidity and the fan will kick in and off as it needs.great fan and it is what most on the forum are using

2nd recommended
Is the next model down for ac Infinty

And 3rd and final this fan is louder and only has speed adjustment but it’s the one I currently use and yes I guess a little loud but I have in a spare bedroom do not too bad but works great.I have no issues with this fan other than i would definitely like it to be quieter.

And you need a 6 inch charcoal filter for the skunk smell lol unless your not worried about smell then you can skip but I recommend this filter,I have used different brands and this bye far blew the rest away.

And you need an intake fan to supply your tent with fresh air I would recommend the Vivosun 6inch fan works good unless you want to splurge than you can buy the other 2 I mentioned.

Hey, looks like you have fixed me on the fan and filter issue! I was thinking bout an ozone oder eater, but looks like you have saved me some chips if this filter does the job, which it obviously does! I’m going for it at any rate. Thanks a TON. Lucky me. I’m getting help I never saw coming, and you can be sure I am forever grateful! All of you!

2 Likes

I would also suggest at least 2-3 6 inch fans so you can hang in your tent and place them above your plants conopy,this way you have some good air flow moving your plants around.

Anytime!!!
You just keep the questions coming and we will keep the answers flowing sir…

1 Like