Grow Light recommendations please …

Good evening all … looking for recommendations for LED mid range price for 2 x 4 flower in autopots … suggestions?

1 Like

When you say mid range do you mean like $300-$500?

1 Like

Yep! That is right around the mark

2 Likes

@dbrn32
What do you think will suit him best sir??

1 Like

Qb 260 xl in r-spec will be around bottom of that range. Hlg-350r or chilled tech x3 330 on upper side with coupon code. Don’t really know of much in between off top of my head, but there are probably a couple more.

8 Likes

Hey man I’m new too, depending on what your trying to do HLG lights are pretty great always hear good things about them, currently saving up to get 1 my self. Go to the HLG website they have refurbished light still get warranty and for 400$ get all the light u need. It’s the same light the moderator is taking about or buy it new depends on cash flow, other less expensive light spider farm 2000, on Amazon for around 230-250. There a lot of others You can look at pics of forum and see a lot of different lights that will work for u this forum is great place to learn, hope this help

5 Likes

i got a mars tw2000 like it a lot , 500 got light tent filters the works

2 Likes

Ok congrats, I got a kit too, first timer glad I did came with just about everything i needed. Good luck post pics will try to help along the way

1 Like

Okay…. I love all the light options … I have a Growers Choice ROI680 as well which I love - I looked at the ROI200 but I’m not sure if it would be powerful enough?? I really LOVE the look of the ChilLED lights … I just want something that will give me a boost in bloom as well as veg but I’ve never used a tent this size … I really appreciate this page and this forum - much better than the fb page ! Here’s my current grow - Future #1 just starting week y of flower …

9 Likes

Great looking plants! Also happy to hear you are liking the roi-680.

Have you checked the inside dimensions of your tent? For most the roi-200 is going to be too tight. I think fixture is smidge over 23" wide and most 2x4 tents fall a little short of having 24"x48" inside. Then assuming you have exhaust fan, the negative pressure will shrink tent a little more. If it gets into light will likely rub a hole into tent or tear eventually. Plus you could also use a little more light if you’re intending on using flower.

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhh yes you have a point!! Thank you so much! I love this page. Everyone is so nice and helpful!
and thanks for the compliment on the girls - I have really enjoyed this grow. I play Al Green to them all day every day ! :grinning:

4 Likes

Happy to hear you are enjoying the experience! We have an excellent group of growers here, that are extremely helpful and always friendly. We wouldn’t have it any other way.

Al Green you say? I guess we’re about to be getting down to some soul music around here. You’re definitely doing something right, so keep up the good work! My buddy @Not2SureYet loves those autopots, I’m sure your plants will put a smile on his face. He could also be a good resource if you have any autopot specific questions. If you need any other help, we probably have a guy or gal for that too.

5 Likes

Thank you soooo much and I will definitely tap him for advice! I just discovered that the water in the reservoir needs its ph checked fairly regularly! Ugh! I appreciate your advice! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Are you running an air stone in the res? Aeration will drive your ph, I believe a lot of them use a wave maker over traditional air stone to help alleviate some of this.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! plants look awesome love the way limbs are spread out for light penetration.

3 Likes

We have a little pump going in there just to keep it mixed up

1 Like

Rightio. I ended up getting The Green Sunshine Company Electric Sky ES180 V3 - I got a really good sale on it so I hope it will be okay. Got some clones going and going to do some laughing buddha after the Future #1.

1 Like

@not2sureyet … your buddy told me you use autopots. I just discovered that my ph in the reservoir is fluctuating wildly. I ph it to 5.8 in the beginning when I fill it and I measured it this morning and it was HIGH … how do I control this?

This is the light I use in a 2×2×160 this light would be fine for a 2×4 it’s called ppap it’s on eBay it cost $280 my first time using it I got alittle over 5oz in my final harvest and I’m a newbie at this still

2 Likes

@mcnamame If it is moving around a lot. My guess would be you are using an air stone in it? I use the little wavemakers. Once you get things set. Mine never moves. Jacks or GH. I use one like this. I just noticed. If you have a pump in it. I would think you would still be good.

https://www.amazon.com/AQUANEAT-Circulation-Aquarium-Powerhead-Submersible/dp/B07ZR3G275/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=wave+maker&link_code=qs&qid=1630629833&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-7

When I mix my nutes. I mix every thing and give it an hour to adjust. I then check and adjust as needed. Go a little less or more than you think you need. It will probably take a few hours to get dialed in. I found if I just use 11 gallons and Jacks. I can add 1.5 ml of ph up and it puts me right at 6.0 I then add 10 drops of down and I get to 5.9 where I am happy. It stays there till I am ready for a refill. It takes a few re fills to figure out what you need to get close. I can judge pretty good now even when I fill at odd gallons. Most of my re fills are in the 9 1/2 - 10 gallon range. Another thing. I think I am right here is. @my friend found what cal mag he used cause his to fluctuate. We now know that GH and Bloom city are stable. I use the bloom city. That applys to coco.

1 Like