Grow light recommendation

Could somebody on this site please make a recommendation for a good grow light. I will only be growing two or three plants, white widow. Also is it necessary to have a tent?

1 Like

Tent is not a must but you need some kind of space that you can control temperature ,humidity an odor. I will say a tent is probably going to be the cheapest and quickest way to set up a grow space. They come with support bars to hang lights and exhaust fan also holes with pucker strings for In and Out cords an a waterproof catch tray in the bottom. Just my thoughts good luck on your new space.

3 Likes

Not necessary to have a tent. Unless you need to control smell and prevent light leaks. For light recommendation it depends on the size you’re growing in.

2 Likes

Hlg grow lights are very good.

1 Like

Okay so I would probably get a 4x4 tent matching the description given above but how strong of LED lights should I be looking for? I don’t want to waste my money and get something that’s not enough so tell me what any of you would think would be my best bet as far as watts go or type of light. Thanks in advance everybody!

1 Like

A pair of HLG 260 XL’s will light up a 4x4 nicely.

3 Likes

Yep that…:point_up:
Or rapid LED makes a 4x4 fixture if you’d like to assemble it a little. Otherwise HLG will come in cheaper.

1 Like

I cannot find 260 XLs on HLG’s website any other ideas?

Okay I’m sorry guys but I really don’t understand the terminology for the most part on this site so a 4x4 light, I don’t understand what that means but I would like to purchase one light that would cover a 4x4 tent. How strong of a light do I need and how is that called out? Thank you in advance!

It just means a light that can cover a 4x4 space, in flower, with its light footprint. The light itself isn’t actually 4x4

So Bobby could you please make a recommendation for a grow light. I will be growing three white widow plants in a 4x4 tent. Please keep it simple since I am very new at this.

These are the hlg 260xl’s on the hlg website. I can’t link it because it’s not an approved vendor. You would need two of these kits to properly light your 4x4

2 Likes

Thank you Bobby but when I went to HLG’s website and entered 260 XL it didn’t recognize that. I will try again but thank you so much for your quick response.

Just google hlg 260xl and it will bring up everyone that supplies them.

Thank you Bobby I was able to find it on HLG’s website. Do you know if there is a less expensive way I could provide the right kind of light to grow or possibly a device that is one light for a 4x4?

So you’re saying I would need two of those kids totaling for light panels?

Yeah, you would need two of those kits. They make knock offs that some people have gotten and say they’re doing well. You would need one of these kits. They’re not as good, hence the much lower price. But it’s a single fixture and says it will flower a 4x4

Just google alibaba kingbrite 480w. I can’t vouch for it but some others here have.

1 Like

Hey Bobby, thanks for the info. I’m probably going to have to take my chances with the cheaper one and hope for the best. It would be a very long time before I could pull off the HGL ones.
You’ve been very helpful and knowledgeable Bobby and I appreciate that. Take care and happy growing!

1 Like

I went with alibaba lights.
I got 2x 240 watt meijuu lights. They are knockoff of the HLG 260, not the xl. I am overall happy with the purchase. The buds are starting to get really frosty and big, and I got the 2x 240 watt lights shipped for $280. They are designed to cover a 4x4 space.

These are surprisingly decent for super budget build (I run 2 1000s daisy chained) but if your only growing 2-3 why not divide your room with a mylar blanket and make it a 2x4 and run 1 light either way good luck and have fun( had to delete last post cause I realized pic had my first name and city on it WHOOPS)

1 Like