Grow light position

I’ve yet to hit 100% power on any grow before the light was in the right range and where I wanted it to be. LOL!
You can use light height to play with intensity and encourage the girls to grow vertically or stay short and squat.

2 Likes

damn, ive been doing the wrong thing so…everytime i sprayed i sprayed where the stem goes into the soil and made sure there was droplets on the leaves…learning as i go thanx to yal… i had another question though, im using fox farm happy frog soil and i have some of rob bergmans seedling booster i dont have a ph meter yet, it says seedling booster on the pack but im worried about nutrient burn…any tips? i just figured if it says seedling booster it’d be safe to use

3 Likes

Happy frog has nutrients in it, so I would definitely check the PPM’s on the runoff to see if they are low or high. Too low, go for it. Too high or within range, I’d wait to feed any further nutrients. A cheap TDS meter from amazon will help with this. Also I read that you don’t have a PH meter, got to have one of those homie or you’re gonna see issues.

1 Like

can u recommend a decent pph meter that isnt too expensive?

For a Ph pen the best brands are Apera and BluLabs. There are others out there, but they seem to get the most love.
You can limp by on a cheap one, but they tend to lose calibration more often , can be flaky sometimes when you’re using them and will usually crap out in a year or so.
The cheaper PPM pens on Amazon do pretty well.
They’re more or less the same design in the cheapies but the sensor involved with Ph measurement is more fragile I guess than the ones for PPMs.
I use an Apera PC60 which can read it all in one device, but it’s more expensive that the $20 dual packs.
I think it was like $150…BUT I used CC miles on it so it cost me nothing.
Except for the thousands the woman had already spent to build up the miles! LOL!

2 Likes

thanks bro, i covered my seedlings with domes after you recommended it and they already look better and have been watering them around the dome instead of right at the stem…should i poke a hole in the domes?

As long as it doesn’t let out too much humidity. i usually pull mine off so many times I feel like they’re getting plenty of fresh air. LOL!
I usually drop the dome after they start getting their second set of good leaves.

1 Like

like this? or until those others are the same size of the bigger ones?

7 Likes

Yeah, when I know for sure they’re growing and developing really

1 Like

does she look healthy?

4 Likes

Yeah - she’s looking real nice!
For the first couple of weeks most of the growth is under the soil getting the roots up and running. That’s why the dome helps when they’re tiny. It helps them take in moisture while the roots are getting developed enough to support the plant better.
It kinda helps speed up the normal process a tiny bit.

1 Like

i got 2 lights hanging in there now, got ‘em cut down at 50% power
got jealous when i saw urs…lol

9 Likes

Awwww hell yeah!!
Oh - we gonna grow some weed now!!

@SilvaBack203 @Graysin @Dhooter @DrWoo @Newt @MadamCalamity @Syndrix

We got another victim of “the Bug”! :rofl:
I know I’m leaving out about 100 people but we’ll get some more peeps peeping and helping you out!
Definitely headed in the right direction!! :laughing: :joy: :rofl:

10 Likes

Here to watch and great advices already. Happy babies will be monsters soon listening to @Tylersays

Happy growing

3 Likes

great community here…wish i had more room…got about 80 seeds

4 Likes

Haha definitely got the bug. I got close to 200 beans and 25strains. Don’t get Ty starting need really got the bug and now is set 4 life with great genetics.

I currently got 10 girls going 6 in 2 gallons fabric pot and 4 in 3 gallon fabric pots

4 Likes

cant wait til they get stinky, best air freshener ever! you growin auto’s or photoperiod? im dont think im experienced enough for photo’s…u got any pics of your ladies?it worries me when i see people on youtube who r growing the same strain as me and their plants are 3 times the size of mine, feel like im doing something wrong

4 Likes

I grow them all but indoor I’m sticking to reg and feminized photos. Autos will be for outdoors.
I have 2 tents 2.5x5.5x6.5 with a hlg 260w xl v2 rspect and a hlg Diablo 200. My other tent is 2.5x2.5x5 I have Spiderfarm SF2000. My soil is coast of maine and I use Jack’s 321,Recharge and fish shit as nutrition

2 Likes

This bug? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

You’ll find more than you think you will, I bet ya $20.

5 Likes