Grow light position

thats the model i was lookin at…lol
one of the reviews said the humidistat was of by 15%, that true?was that the model that didnt have any filters? i wanted to get one that keeps the same humidity you dial in…
i made the mistake the other day by attaching my duct for my tent onto my window ac unit because my tent was hitting temps of 85degrees and i guess the air that was pumping in my tent was cold…
forgot to cut the humidfier off and i opened my tent to find one of my plants literally frozen… :sweat_smile:

i was looking at this fan to put in the wall over my closet door for ventilation…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FWQ1ZCQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=A2AW0W4FKP16S5&psc=1

1 Like

Nice! AC Infinity makes some nice air movers! That fan would probably be great for your use. 240CFM isn’t bad. What size is the closet?
The T6 I have has like 10 speed settings, but I have it set to max out at Lvl3 and it has zero problem dropping temp or humidity in no time.

It keeps the humidity I dial in by it’s hygrometer, but the location of it’s sensor is useless in relation to the place I need it to be at the top of the canopy. As the plants get larger and fill in the footprint the need for under canopy circulation becomes even more important. Keeping airflow through the canopy equally as important. When they get big the humidity will build up under the canopy so you won’t even need the humidifier then. When they’re young as long as the walls aren’t dripping you’re good! LOL!
Plus the exhaust needs to be on anyway to get the stale, used up air out and fresh new stuff in. Now it runs when needed. later it will run pretty much constantly. Especially at night during humidity spikes.
It’s all part of the fun!!

*damn I’m stoned - forgot to mention. I have to keep it set to 80% to keep it in the mid 70% range.
with 2 fans circulating and the exhaust as needed.

2 Likes

@Tylersays

It’s funny re-reading posts we made when we were really high

Thought I was Shakespeare. But after re-reading, I was just Dr. Suess. :crazy_face:

Whop whahhhh

1 Like

my girls are looking better, what do you think?
the one up front in the middle is my gold leaf photo, the rest are purple kush auto’s…might have to get a family member to come feed them for me, my ribs are to messed up to bend down…lol
u think i should raise the humidity in there? its at 39%

2 Likes

Looking good man! All the new growth has great color and I don’t see any issues jumping out as obvious.
I’d suggest a spray feeder you can get them at Lowes and Walnutz for probably starting around $25 or so, but pumping it up wouldn’t be too easy on the ribs either. I got one when I started my clone grow and it helped getting through all the bushey-ness to the back plants.
Bruised ribs suck! You can’t do anything! Can’t bend, can’t twist and sometimes it hurts so bad breathing can be a pain. Been there before. Hell - you can’t put a seat belt on even if you wanted to go somewhere.

As those girls are going into flower less humidity is best. Since you have the Gold leaf in there vegging she might slow down a little but I’d want the humidity to be low so the buds have less chance of developing mold or rot. It won’t slow down veg but so much. And it’s not that a lower humidity is detrimental to the growth, it just slows it SLIGHTLY. She looks healthy enough so it probably won’t effect her at all honestly.
That Gold Leaf has a hell of a spread on her! I might have to drop one of my GL beans! LOL!
I like them fat, jagged leaves!

Keep on strokin’ man!!

• you can take those yellow leaves whenever you want. I’d also make sure none of the fan leaves are blocking the lower budsites. At this point the growth is mainly in the buds so get as much light on them as possible!
1 Like

Check out this grow -

Might help you pick up some pointers for the Gold Leaf you’ve got going. Each strain has it’s own things so all info is good info!

2 Likes

there’s dozens of us!

3 Likes

hell yeah bro

1 Like

what seed banks you use?
u ever use seedgenetics?

1 Like

@Tylersays uses all of em. If he ain’t yet, he’s googling it as we speak I bet ya. :joy:

3 Likes

its just that seedsgenetics.com seemed to have the cheapest, just wanted to make sure they are legit before i sink a couple hundred worth…

@alexankh - How did I miss that you’re in Virginia man!
Yeah - last spring the Virginia population here really seemed to swell!
There’s quite a few of us swamp dwellers here! Because as we all know, Virginia in late summer is one giant swamp! LOL!

@4NK8 - Let’s see…I’ve used ILGM, Seedsman, i49, Herbies, North Atlantic Seed Co…I think that’s it…LOL! No wait - there is another one who’s name escapes me atm…I say this because 3 banks I’ve ordered from all came from the same address in California when shipped. ILGM, i49 and one other bank all came in the same envelope type from the same address.
My first Seedsman order came out of Oklahoma and my second I paid in Euros and it shipped from England. Herbies came out of Spain and was the fastest shipping of them all - like a week AT Xmas no less, but then I tried NASC. They’re in Maine and I’ve gotten orders from them in 4 days!
Literally my first order was on a Saturday and they don’t ship on weekends but I still got the beans on the next Thursday!
DAMN!! WeedSeedExpress - that’s the third company! It just hit me! They ship from the same address as ILGM and i49.
TBH, I’m in love with NASC atm. They have a killer selection of breeders/seeds and shipping is super fast to the east coast at least. A lot of breeders offer killer freebies so definitely check out the freebies page to see the selection available. CC payment is strange because of banking laws and weed, but basically you place an order then one of their “sister” companies sends you an invoice and you pay through that. Immediately afterwards you get a confirmation and the ball is rolling.

But I will be Googling SeedGenetics! LOL!

2 Likes

yeah they were offering fem seeds for like $5 a seed and like $15 for 5, havent found any site that can match that price…was gonna order like 3 of every strain

1 Like

That is a helluva price.
Have you tied just googling for their ratings?
That is an awesome price though.

yeah ive been googling their site, they seem legit…but im gonna keep checking reviews…im gonna try and order some…let u know if its legit or not

2 Likes

:+1:

Cool - let me know!

1 Like

The prices I saw were in Euros instead of USD - also their grammar gives me pause (safe 15% on 10 seeds). Wonder if they ship to the US without an insane shipping mark up.

If you’re after legitimately cheap seeds, check out Herbie’s seeds - they have Seedstockers which are extremely inexpensive.

Attitude Seedbank also has amazing freebies - especially if you grab Expert Seeds or Pyramid Seeds while you’re there. Buy 10 get 8 free or some craziness. Plus All the $X spent freebies and bonuses if you pay in cryptocurrency. They’re my preferred ILGM alternative.

3 Likes

yeah i was reading something on their site, they said check out the “price winners” instead of saying “prize winners” do me a favor and read the review “appaling customer service”

1 Like

That’s kinda funny - at least dude got his beans! LOL!
TBH, I hold my breath every time I place an order. LOL! Once I get the first one I feel a lot better about placing the next one.
I had heard a bunch of smack talk about Seedsman, and then I heard rave reviews. They had a sale that I just couldn’t refuse and after that order I was like what’s all the talk about because I had a great experience. And two of the plants I’m growing now were sourced from them, albeit not their genetics but Royal Queen and Pyramid, and they’re growing very robustly! I have no complaints at all!

Let us know how it goes!!

1 Like

i couldnt order from seedsgenetics anyways, they kept denying my credit card which makes no sense even though i have $10,000 limit…lol
with shipping and tax it came out to about $214 usd
and that was for 52 seeds
wish it would have worked that seemed like a great deal
just realized i had international transactions cut off on my card…lol