Grow light kit for seedling

I’m closer to the city as opposed to Albany…I think my 14hr+ time is April 22nd from some research I did. Either way I can wait till May but don’t know timing on fem plants going into late September and October gets cold.

2 Likes

So clarification…I got 5 gallon fabric for fem and 3 gallon fabric for auto smart pots with elevation and happy frog all the way seed to flower as my plan.

2 Likes

Moving them outside a week or two earlier isn’t going to make them finish faster. Provided plants are mature at solstice, it won’t matter if they are just barely mature or are 6 momths old. Everything else being the same they will transition to flower on pretty much the same timeline. The exceptions here are something that genetically matures or transitions faster, or a hiccup in moving outside at wrong time.

Edit… autos should finish faster but not the photos.

1 Like

So safe to say (sorry if not fully following…I’m a phone guy)…I can germ…plant seedling in solo cups for week or two with t5 fluorescent…and then move outside transplanting into my fabrics in month of May? Or do I have a gap In planning that I think I’m missing now?

1 Like

2 of the strains I picked are supposed to finish in September, and the other one is supposed to have good mold resistance. The weather here seems to take a sharp turn Oct 1.

Your roots should basically grow right through the smart pot into the earth. But a full period plant is going to grow way more than 5 gallons, don’t plan on moving it. You could stack it on a bigger pot if you need to @oldmarine does that I think.

1 Like

That sounds plenty reasonable.

Thanks everyone!!! So much to learn…very exciting…my wife has chronic pain for years and we have both been in smoke game for 25+ yrs, quit nicotine 8 yrs ago and only pax vape now…but chronic spender on black market and want to stop getting from the street and putting my $ up in smoke for others benefit if possible. Legal game coming to ny for medical card holders.

3 Likes

Best wishes! Growing has become more of fooling around when i have time, but is still enjoyable for the most part. My wife also starting to use more frequently to deal with some ailments.

2 Likes

yessir super sprouter with a T5 is the way to go!, popped dozens of seeds in this thing and never had a bean that didnt hatch. not to mention you can literally grow under a T5 for a really long time

1 Like

What i do with seedlings once ur seeds have popped and u want to plant them i get my soil and i mix in worm castings then i fill up solo cups to the top then i put my seeds into the soil but dont put them down to deep and once that is done i place them in my tent with rh of 60-80% with my light on at 40-50% i have my light about half way hanging height i dont measure height and i let them go i water with a weak seaweed liquid water mix when they need it

2 Likes

I’m in NY to I start my plants in the beginning of May grow them in nursery bags under a cheap 100 watt QB plant them outside in the beginning of June but I put mine in the ground

1 Like