Grow light kit for seedling

Any one have referral for seedling grow kit for 12 seeds with lighting that is going to be transplanted to out grow? It’s my first attempt at growing, using happy frog all the way and did not order nutrients yet. I ordered 5 5 gallon smart fabric pots for fem grow and 5 3 gallon for auto grow…I’m excited and nervous to get started. Also ordered ph tester. Any feedback appreciated!!!

1 Like

I personally am just using solo cups and my regular grow lights. Drop in water with a squirt of peroxide and closet. When tails just drop in. Double cup…clear into red. Lighter to burn 4 little holes in bottom each cup. Sandwich bag or clear cup to keep in humidity till i feel ok to open. These are maybe a week? Never pay attention. 5 took 1 says no so far. Seeing If that big GG will reveg…:grin:. Just how i do it. Lots of styles. Welcome to the forum and have fun. I know you are looking at kits but this is all i have to assist. A 100w grow light of any flavor if going outdoors work fine.

3 Likes

@Storm

Looking at your plant in the photo, do you harvest each cola based on the trichomes? If so, that looks cumbersome… is it worth it? I’m considering doing something like that

2 Likes

This 1 i pulled a little earlier. They have been getting locky for smoke and my medical friends cant smoke it. I took whole plant. Usually i stage harvest because most goes to edibles.netted 14 oz bud…10 oz popcorn for medicine.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!!! To each their own but I’m a sponge trying to absorb, know your reply is greatly appreciated😁

2 Likes

To answer your question @VirginiaGrowBoy stage harvesting my big plants works great. Top best flowers when at peak. Rest of plant i let get 20%amber or so and ripen then just straight to oils unless it is a super nice bud. Cant smoke this gg in amber. Sledgehammer. Naptime…lol

1 Like

From the time you start seeds how long until you plan on moving outside?

I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Sprouter-Premium-Propagation-Light/dp/B01ISSZZLO/ref=sxts_rp_s_a1_0?crid=32X024916CC84&cv_ct_cx=super+sprouter+premium+propagation+kit&keywords=super+sprouter+premium+propagation+kit&pd_rd_i=B01ISSZZLO&pd_rd_r=091ceff0-11bb-4b2b-bbc5-06593e36f415&pd_rd_w=R06UU&pd_rd_wg=VpMfX&pf_rd_p=ef09fc8b-f6fe-450c-ac89-05f354bc6e1d&pf_rd_r=Z5M1F045SXJHB85Z1NVR&psc=1&qid=1646918635&sprefix=super+sprouter%2Caps%2C211&sr=1-1-5985efba-8948-4f09-9122-d605505c9d1e?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

I use the exact same seed starter kit never had a problem with it. Simple as mist the inside of the dome couple times A-day. :+1:

3 Likes

I am thinking of getting plants out by April 22nd estimate, so have to backtrack seedling/germ stage for start date 3-4 weeks??? I think from what I’m reading when 5 mature leaves on plant. I just bought that propagation kit that was posted under this post. Thinking getting 6 fem germs going for perfect world October harvest and 6 auto at same time for August harvest. I have to get some auto as I can have 6 mature and 6 immature plants soon I believe legally. Feel free to poke holes in plan!

1 Like

Thanks!!! I ordered last night minus the heating mat😁 Any need to know? Solo party cups I’m planning 6 to start.

1 Like

Did you happen to check when your frost free date is for your area? I wouldn’t plant outside until you surpass this, as unattended frost will likely kill young plants. For me, this is typically around mothers day. Could be earlier or later depending on where you live.

1 Like

States April 8th…I have to take small trip in April so I want to hold off till I’m back.

6 plants 4 weeks old prior to moving outside i would look for a light that covers around 9-10 ft². 400 watt mh, 400 watt fluorescent, if you got a good led light probably 200ish watts.

So I went with the T5 fluorescent propagator above…9-10 feet is not what I bought…what do you think I can do with that propagator. Should I do two at time? I have that fear of the unknown and reading 20 hours plus so far over days. What’s earliest I can get them out if past frost date? Also…any thoughts of if I should start fem or auto first?

1 Like

Albany, NY ? If so April 22 might be a bit early, I’m not going outside till late May earliest. You need to wait until daylight hours are greater than 14.

3 Likes

You can start 6 plants in solo cups most likely. But they’ll probably outgrow that light within week or two.

That’s not really true. Premature plants won’t flower even if lights are only on for a few hours. You just need to be careful that you don’t let plants that are mature see a large drop in amount of time they see light.

But i agree April anything seems early that far north.

2 Likes

Oh boy @dbrn32 …week or two will leave me vulnerable to putting outside at that point in time which I think too early. I did not want to setup any lighting system in house since planning outdoor…what’s your thoughts for this scenario? Much appreciated!

I would probably just wait to start them later. Even 10-12" plants moved outside will be a significant jump on starting them on ground at same time.

1 Like