Grow light issue

I’m sorry to be a smart ass here but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the topic light issues was? Light issues , yeah I need more lights to , but I don’t have 10k for 10 more lights right now , I don’t even have 1k for one more. Which I’m sure is the same problem most of us think :joy: .

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @kellydans I should have been more specific I was talking about the room temperature I’ll be home in a couple hrs to post a pic of the grow

3 Likes

@kellydans @dbrn32 this is the setup just took these pics. My first grow critical +2.0 auto planted October 25th hydro setup with advanced nutrients. It’s pretty much just popcorn buds all over is that normal? I feel like it’s almost ready to harvest but I’m not really sure, some of the hairs are turning orange.

4 Likes

This plant is just starting to flower, you’ve got at least six weeks to go I’d say. It’s been growing since end of October? When did you first see buttons forming on tops of colas?

2 Likes

Do you have any of your passive intakes open around bottom of tent?

1 Like

@BWoods @dbrn32 ya I have the intake open just one, but I started noticing colas start about 2 weeks ago and it is 70-80 days seed to harvest

1 Like

The seed to harvest are guesstimates at best, lots of factors can change how much time the grow will take. For autoflowers you’re pretty much at their mercy, they will veg until they decide to flower. Sometimes changing light schedule can help them flip to flower, but really it’s up to the plant. A reliable harvest timeframe you can use is flowering time. Most plants will complete flowering in 8-12 weeks. So if you first saw buttons two weeks ago, you have anywhere from 6-10 weeks remaining.

2 Likes

Here’s my current grow at about the same time in flower as yours, maybe a week or two older

And here she is today

Give her time and she’ll bulk up and give you something to smoke!

5 Likes

@BWoods damn that looks nice, did you too or lst? What strain? I’m hoping the colas will fill out, not really sure what to expect. So far just a bunch of .5 or 1 gram nugs. I really appreciate the advice.

2 Likes

It’s memberberry from ethos. She’s a photoperiod which I think you should look into, I started off with autoflowers thinking auto meant easier which really isn’t the case. They have their place for certain needs but photoperiods give you much more control over your grow. I kept her in veg for about two months, topped once at either 4th or 5th node can’t remember now, then just some gentle lst pulling colas out around all the sides.
Yours should fill out just be patient that’s the hardest part lol. So far my lowest yield from an auto was 2.5 oz dry and my highest was 6 oz dry. If I were to guess right now I’d think you can probably expect 1-2oz from her, but don’t worry first grow is always a learning curve! Keep at it and keep asking questions here, there are so many friendly and knowledgeable growers willing to help out. The most important factor for bigger buds is your light. Common numbers thrown are 30-40 watts per square ft of grow space, and not all lights are created equal. @dbrn32 is your guy for questions on lights.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag . She is in the early flowering stages . You probably got 7 or 8 weeks before harvest. Looking at the picture as @dbrn32 Mentioned you need at least one hole open at the bottom of tent to pull in fresh air. With hole open exhaust fan running you will still have negative pressure inside the tent for no odor leak. Good luck :v:

3 Likes

@BWoods @dbrn32 @Graysin @kellydans thanks everybody I really appreciate all the input. I’m happy to be a part of the community.

4 Likes

@BWoods I hope to grow plants that look like this! Very sweet!

1 Like

@dbrn32 @BWoods is this from light issues or calmag/nutrient burn :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Without knowing your nutes or runoff numbers at first glance I’d guess calmag deficiency. Have you been supplementing any? If yes then it could be a ph problem and plant isn’t able to absorb it. Do you have any more info?

2 Likes

Flip a leaf upside down and examine it under a microscope. Check for bugs, that doesn’t look like innocent damage.

2 Likes

It’s not light damage for sure. Checking for bugs is good idea, calcium deficiency usually looks more rusty.

3 Likes

There’s no bugs I inspected everywhere the only thing that’s changed is the lights. I use AN micro grow bloom. And just started using big bud b-52 and bud candy last week

1 Like

Better lights do increase demand on the plant.

Do you know the PPMs going in when you feed? And the PPMs/pH of the reservoir generally?

I don’t use AN, I think @HappyHydroGrower @nodurxshn and maybe a few others have used it in hydro.

1 Like

@Graysin @dbrn32 I’m convinced it’s the lights my tent is only 5ft tall and I have them at the top I’m going to try taking one out and see how it runs. I’m going to check the ppm right now and I’ll get back to you in a few minutes. Should I get one of these? I have an ro filter but it takes like 5 hrs to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Im going to run it and do a water swap.