Grow light for first month only advice

I was advised to start my outdoor plants indoors for a month before transplanting because it’s so late in the season. I’m not looking to spend more than $20 on a light. I have a desk lamp so I could use just a bulb. I read to get a “cool white CFL bulb” and that I need 5 watts per plant. I’m just trying to grow 2 plants right now. Amazon is confusing me. Lots of options but none that meet those exact requirements.

Anyone have any recommendations? I’ve already scoured google and searched past topics but to no avail.

I bought a super cheap light specifically for germination and seedling stages - Small LED - it’s powerful for what it is, but it is small - it will cover 2 seedlings up to probably 2-3 sets of leaves but after that its efficacy is gonna be real questionable. I have moved all my seedlings into the tent with a VS1000 after about a week under the Roleardo.

But it seems like it fits your budget and works fine - simple on/off switch and comes with hanging wire/carabiners.

1 Like

Perhaps this. At 3 weeks a cannabis plants can explode in growth and more than double in size by the 4th week. You can probably transplant at 3 weeks. If its an autoflower I suggest transplanting at 2 weeks to avoid a stall at the point where it may start flowering.
https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Indoor-Hydroponic-Greenhouse-Succulent/dp/B082QRFRDM
I would never recommend this kind of light for anything but seedlings. Blurple lights wont flower anything well. 23 watt cfl at 6000k color temps work too. You would need 3 or 4 to grow 2 plants for 3 weeks.

1 Like

Would it be best if I move them outside in the sun during the day and use indoor light during the night?

1 Like

Yes. Perhaps starting a week before you transplant outside. Keep them inside till they have a couple sets of leaves.

1 Like