Grow light distance

I have a couple Spider Farm SF7000 650 watt led lights and I’m a little confused as to how close to put the lights to my seedlings and the rest of the growing cycles as well. I’m starting out with autoflowers. Thanks for any advice.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

I would put it 24 to 36 inches from the plant and run it on a low setting for now. If you can feel the heat from the light on the back of your hand when held at the plant level, then it is too close. Anything else goes.

Increase the intensity as the plant grows to meet the plant’s DLI requirements.

If your seedling gets to leggy, then lower the light or turn it up a bit.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community

2 Likes

Hi @Gpa Im using a SF7000 with UVA bars in a 5x5 and I am finishing up my first grow with this setup. I left them at the ceiling at 100% 18/6 and the autos I’m growing seem super content.

o

7 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood :blush:.

3 Likes

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the info. Hope mine look that good.

2 Likes

PaOjtXFCVqp5Q8g0si

2 Likes

Use this. Download photone app. If you have an iPhone you’ll need a diffuser (sheet of notebook paper to put over your front facing camera.) out iHome even with your canopy of your plant and measure your DLI. Takes the guesswork out of your light height. Make sure to double check that you have your key settings on your app. IE 18/6 of light 20/4 light. If you’re running autos you won’t need to do any kind of flip of your lights to 12/12. I run mine at 20/4 or 18/6 and they love it. Everyone is different. Hope this helps growmie

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Gpa
@MidwestGuy gave a great link to read. @Jonesy287 is right with the app. I have it also but you will have to pay for the full spectrum led option. I think I paid $5 for it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely download the app. This should take the guess work out of the equation even for a rookie.

3 Likes

Any little bit helps with everything to know for these girls! Happy growing bro

2 Likes