Grow journal vol1

@fano_man hey man I had an idea what do you think about putting a bathroom scale underneath the plant and take note before and after watering to help regulate watering schedule?

Ehhh… to many variables if that plant packed on weight or dropped some leaves or a number of things it will fluctuate… … if it looks dry stick I finger in 2 knuckles down …punch some dirt …pull it up…rub it in your fingers if it’s the slightest bit moist your perfect to water… but make sure you check 2 inches down the top will look dry but you’ll have moisture ubderneitg

1 Like

@Pedrogunz @fano_man @Oldguy Yeah that’s true I went ahead and bought a moisture meter I’m pretty sure I got watering down anyways and as I’m typing this I realized i threw money at a problem I didn’t even have LMFAO but a problem I DID have was herming :frowning: the good news is that I’m pretty sure I cuaght them before they fucked my good one and I’m almost positive I know what caused it 1 was from being transplanted way to late and well in flower and the other one had a split main stem that never healed right

1 Like

this is the survivor after some defol I’m on about day 23 of flower

2 Likes

It’s a challenge in growing that’s for sure I just put my baby girls in 10 g smart pots today at least you saved one :ok_hand:

1 Like

Here’s a good rule of thumb… lower leaves being farther away from light and under the canopy leaves aren’t as important as the leaves at the top…
That being said… as long as there is light hitting the floor in the begining of flower you went heavy on the defol… you wanna catch as much light while the bud sites are forming …once there stacked up then remove more fans to lilet bud sites get light… but still you wanna catch as much light as possible while still getting good penetration up untill about week 4 or 5 then you can exposing the main stalk more that will give good light exposure and reduce on airnyess down low

2 Likes

My logic behind defol early on is that there still using a fair amount of nitrogen i figured it would help them to bounce back quicker plus if I took all the leaves shadowing budsites then they would all grow bigger there was I thought process I didn’t just see some shit on YouTube and start yanking leaves lol but I do appreciate all the help man knowing what I know now next runs gonna be way better you’ll see

1 Like

Also I realized that at one point the temp in the grow room dropped to 9celcius from 25 that alone could have hermed them too so I’m going to be investing in a temperature controller I think I’m gonna go with something by inkbird unless any one can point me in a better direction @fano_man @Oldguy and if you guys know any one that could help me along the way, in anyway please tag them

1 Like

And I bought some 2-8-4 power bloom and
Some soluble seaweed extract 0-0-17 and top dressed the remaining plant it says to use the SSE as a foliar spray but I was worried about burning the leaves and potentially causing mold or budrot so I just top feed it hoping it will work close to the same

Once you enter flower your right to shy away from any foliar spraying even of water… I’ve gotten botritus cinera (bud rot) on my first run… which was a good time to get it and learn preventative measures early in grow career

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming my suspicions man. I started 4 cheese and 1 blueberry today

1 Like

What kind of temperature controll device are you gonna link to ink birds high and perameters… are you doing it solely for temp or Rh as well… I think if your gonna spring for an ink bird might as well set it up so you never gotta mess or worry about it ever again… there will no more guess work… set it and forget it… add food water and lights and a timer and the ink bird will do everything else… humidifiers are cheap… 25$ dehums are a little pricier…n I have an 8000 hair ac/dehuy/fan 3 modes… awsome stand alone ac with a exhaust cent so it dosent need to be mounted inna fixed wall like a window shaker… there about 2 to 3 x as much as a equivalent btu window shaker… I got mine grand new in a oaen shop for 245 wow I could only find themm… in a 3 pack online…wtf?..3 pack of airconditioners… for 1450$
That’s about 485$ each… a decent 8000 window shaker… maybe 200 bcks give or take your location… .it is by far equally as important for anything not 100 %indoor and aced by a homesteds already acd air…I live in florida and I converted an outdoor shed into a secret grow room I built a 2 foot deep fake. Wall with s cavity of 2x6.5 and framed it out threw the ac in there and could out 2 screws to button up the dry wall and with a lil random debris the exhaust hose wasent visable nor was any light leaks with a lil strategic hanging towels…I thought it was really cool at the time… indoor I didnt need the ac …but when I was confined to that in down town for lauderdale florida… which is a BIG CITY… I had to make it work… it regularly hits 100 outside in the shade here… could you imagine how hot I could have gotten in a 13sq foot box with 3 hps fixtures totalling 750 watts… it wasn’t ideal to use one fixture as the room was long and slender so I basicly did it as 3 2x2s roughly…check it out this was my first first grow… sand lost half to bud rot… because the dam shed was low lieing and would flood no problem in the summer everytime it rained… that was a loosing battle I could not win that’s when I moved inside cuz I got bud rot… never again… now I start all my projects from the ground up literally and pitch my floors and line them in shower pan vinyl so I know theres no standing water in the grow space… biggest opp 192 plants take about 15 gallons of water every wayering… in less then 30 minutes the floor is almost completely dry with light film of water/notes on the vinyl and 10 more mins boje dry…

Here’s the hole in the wall… see the ac to the right… that is this ac which is worth every penny… it tripped a breaker one day and I came into the room at 112 degrees… it must have just went out to cuz I would assume it could easily hit 130 with 3 hids and no ventilation

3 pack …lol

This is a early shot of my best room I did you can see the gray vinyl going up the walls a lil and stapled to some wood lated in the sides of the main platform… the platform is 3 inch punch over 8 feet and 1 inch roll out the building over 11 feet in a 1inch trough… and i drilled a hole out the building at an angle and fashioned a pipe encapsulating the vinyl trough no water drips right outside into a 5x5 x5 drain field i dug and filled with rock … you probably could a thrown a seed or 20 out side and grow some funk in the drain feild … any ways sorry for rambling… but some ppl get ideas from my rambling… this room was over 10k$ from scratch and was my first real project if I had another budget and venue I would make it so sweet… I like the convenience of automation irrigation and such… but it’s not as personal as using the backpack sprayer plus I run perpetual so I have atleast 5 to 8 different mixes u run of these racks per 1 week I cy0cly 11 of them 3 in veg and 8 sunflower at all times… pump out at minimum 300 grams a week probably coulda hit over a pound a week easy once I got dialed in… but had to tear it down 6 monthes into it and 2 weeks away from the first full harvest… strait heart break

I’m probably just gonna get the heat and cooling one ITC-308 and probably just some cheap ass heater that’s only gotta last a month. Probably don’t need one for RH, mine is pretty steady it does dip to as low as 38 but it never goes above 46 and I’m thinking it won’t drop below 40 once I get the temps up at night lol how many people need 3 AC’s for there to be a need to make 3 pack LMFAO and I was checking out that grow bro it was a good read and you should see about going legit man I’m gonna see if I got a nac for it if so I’m saving to to put a building up and get my micro license

1 Like

I’d have to up and move… which I’m serious contemplating… florida is a big no grow state… but I just dont follow the rules so its stick and move till I can get some where legit… and I dunno how easy it is to get a liscence with a background like mine lol… I cant even get a plumbing liscence for my entire life… growing cannabis… :grin::exploding_head:… actually funny I had 3 ac in that opp… and it was great but 2 window shakers and 1 stand alone in summer in Florida in an out door shed… that room was so sweet

Word bro where would you go? As far as i know states with good laws on cannabis are California Colorado and i think washington not sure as im from canada but i would think cali would be close to your same climate but if i was the one making the choice id pick Colorado lol and ive been lucky managing to keep my record clean

1 Like

I should be in prison for the rest of my life for my record lol… I’ll just probably partner with someone eventually cuz its gonna be a loosing battle for me I know it… dunno where to go yet… something like kansas or oklahoma seems lowkey

1 Like

The new recruits

1 Like

I also have a tuna rockstar that should be ready to put with them in about 3 hours im hoping the tails just out a tiny bit

@fano_man the tap root is sticking out on some of them how long do i have to solo cup them before they get damaged